Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone tell me where is the best place to run a good ground in the trunk. I had my amps and a second battery grounded to the metal brakets that connect to the trunk hinges since there were already screws there. I had a problem where the ground in the trunk became weak and my system try to find a ground throught the radio and it fried my RCA jacks. Any help on a good ground will be appreciated.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Man, I just bolted that sumbitch to the sheet metal under the carpet. we just drilled the screw in there, set it straight with a locking washer and haven't had a problem since

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1/0 Gauge to the front battery ;) . Copper has alot less resistance than our Steel frames. Take in to account rust and loose screws. It's a no brainer.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Take you ground to the seat belt mounting bolt under the back seat. This bolt also secures the seat back to the car. I ran a 2ga. to it with a ring lug on the end.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You can drill a hole in the trunk NEXT to the gas tank and go directly to the frame rail too.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just move your battery(s) to the trunk, and its a no-brainer from there. lol

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When we use 0g we go to the frame rail and when we use anthing less then that we go to the seat bolt like tenor39 said.
Make sure you clean the area you are going to use for a ground of paint and ish also.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I drilled in the back left corner of my trunk and went down the the bumper bolts that go into the frame. You want to make the ground wire as short as possible. The seatbelt is a good place also, but it is hard to get a good connection there sometimes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts