Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

Goodbye 4x6s, hello 6.5" component speakers.

12K views 20 replies 16 participants last post by  impalassclone1994 
#1 ·
Hopefully I can get these installed over the weekend, I will let you all know how they sound.

See less See more
#6 ·
So I'm gonna sound real ignert asking what's the thing under the armrest. The crossover? If so is it normally exposed?

I love the pod, maybe a tad less spaceage with the grille though, but thank god for different taste and it looks polished nonetheless.

#7 ·
Yes that is the crossover under my armrest, I think I should have spent more time tring to find a better spot for them, I was hoping the color of the pod was not so glossy, but that's how it came, I might paint it flat black in the future. Other than that I think it came out ok.

#9 ·
Route the crossover inside the door or up under the dash somewhere. will look alot better

#12 ·
Sorry it took so long, here are a few more pictures, Yes you do have to cut out the old speaker grill, that was the easiest part. I have rubbed the bottom a few times with my foot getting into the car, that's the only thing I don't like about them.

#19 ·
i just changed out my 4x6 and put 6x5's today on my BBB

i did this mod to the DCM about a year ago.

didnt buy nothing tho lol just took everything off and put them in.

but if i was to spend money i wouldve rolled with these

i just dont think that big ass pod showing would look right. or else you painted them the same color as the panel!

#21 · (Edited)
I'm one step ahead of ya there...lol Bought like 4 cans of Impala Grey spray paint from ImpalaSStudio. Already painted them. just need to do a few other things with my doors before setting things up. I believe in doing it right the first time around. Besides I could have went with the pods the guy had for sale that holds 2 6.5's for the front door...lmao

#20 · (Edited)
Hopefully I can get these installed over the weekend, I will let you all know how they sound.

I bought a set of those speaker pods too along with the speaker pods for the rear deck. Going to put JBL C608GTi 6.5" Components front & rear. Hope a 4 channel JBL GTO1004 will handle them.

haven't had a chance to take a picture of the actual speakers but heres a stock photo of them

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.