Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally bought a front sway bar. Feliks took it off his wagon and sold it to me. I got the HA/HO front bar (I think that's what it's called). This sucker is HUGE!!! It's like 2 times bigger than the bar I have in my car now :eek:

Anyway, what parts am I going to need to make this bar work? I have 2 pieces on it that came with the bar. I think it's the end links?

Thanks

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by The Untouchable:
Well, I finally bought a front sway bar. Feliks took it off his wagon and sold it to me. I got the HA/HO front bar (I think that's what it's called). This sucker is HUGE!!! It's like 2 times bigger than the bar I have in my car now :eek:

Anyway, what parts am I going to need to make this bar work? I have 2 pieces on it that came with the bar. I think it's the end links?

Thanks
the two pieces are the swaybar bushings since you cant reuse yours because the bar is bigger. you need to go to like s&k speed and get a set of energy suspension end links, and get it installed already! :D

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by Feliks94SS:
the two pieces are the swaybar bushings since you cant reuse yours because the bar is bigger. you need to go to like s&k speed and get a set of energy suspension end links, and get it installed already! :D [/QUOTE]

Is this the same from BMR?
http://bmrfabrication.com/ImpalaSS.htm

PART # 19-406 - Front Sway Bar End Link Kit $19.95

Feliks, is this what you're talking about?

Is this the only part I'm going to need?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no.. you'll need to order the 4 bolts that you need to re-attach the swaybar bushings because you cant re-use the stock ones or you'll strip the holes for them. go to theherd.com and read their tech write up installing a swaybar. You'll need new endlinks. you can get 1LE endlinks from Dal. they worked great for me....

ps... you're gonna LOOOVE the way your car is gonna feel around corners now.. just wait.. you'll see

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I found the Energy Suspension bushings and brackets at auto Zone. They were 16.99 and are greasable polyurethane with the zerks installed. they also had various lengths of endlinks and just replacement bushings for the end links( I think just the endlink bushings were like 5 bucks). Hope this helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts