Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After spending almost a month tinkering on the front end, I finally dropped my car off at the alignment shop on Friday, and flew around on Saturday. Things I did, PST's Super Front End kit, 9c1 springs, Monroe SS Shocks, Fbar, steath bolt, I think that's it. She's great now, flying around narrow backroad turns, very tight, little body roll, no more bouncing in the front, it's awesome. I also took the time to nicely clean up a lot, and POR-15 some stuff. Sadly, no before & after pics, so I don't get to compare ride stance, but I'm very pleased, think I dropped her just a little bit.
Wanted to share my excitement!! And thanks to the forum for making this possible and having answers to my questions along the way!

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I am glad you are happy with your new set-up! I will be doing me car soon as well. One question, why did you go with 9C1 springs? Why not SS springs?

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
9c1 spring rate almost equals ss spring rate although they're taller, cut 9c1 springs increase the rate just a bit. I wanted to maintain stock ride height, or near it, and get a little stiffer spring. GW was a little expensive for me, but the 9c1's cost me 25 bucks.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think the spring rate on 9c1 springs is actually more than SS springs but don't quote me.
How does the front end kit tighten up the front end. I really want to drive a car with the front end done so I can feel what it feels like

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, my tires are pretty much shot, but I'm still using them, so I get a pretty good comparison. The car doesn't wander as nastily, something that I did got rid of a nasty pull to the left that I had. It's much more responsive in the steering, I live where there are lots of quickly turning narrow backroads, and before there would be slop/play in the steering wheel, I'd have to plan ahead a bit, and then compensate for misplanning, whereas now I point and go. I think adjusting the steering box and a new shaft would add to it even further, but I think I'm going to move on to some performance for a little bit. A lot of the "boat" feeling I used to have is gone, will have to drive it some more to get a full feel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts