Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally had my intrax springs installed after only having them for 2 years. While there is a few things that need changed to really optimize the springs, it feels and looks great. I had the fronts installed by a shop and did the rears by myself. They were cake after I disconnected the shock and removed the isolators (the oem springs were still pretty snug). On the passenger side with the axle as far down as it would go with the tire off, I still had to remove the isolators both top and bottom (which isn't very easy). Is this something not common? Every post I've read said that they damn near fall out when the axle is relaxed. Either way it was worth it.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I know the 9C1 springs still need help to remove, not sure about the classic

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did my rears with the help of Mark Ross yesterday. Thank you Mark! The rear springs just sat there and all he did was just tap them out. The isolators did come out with the springs too. No problem there. I am also having a shop do the front on Weds. No need to risk injury and the damn front shocks are a PITA to take off anyways. So right now I have the reverse raked look. BTW replaced shocks with monroe SS shocks. Cant wait till Weds for the full effect.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
drunkinmonkey... How are the Monroe SS shocks with those springs? I haven't upgraded my shocks yet (crappy KYB's) and wanted to go with those. LMK

1 - 4 of 4 Posts