Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems like a lot of us in the WTB ads are looking for the GM LT4 valve covers. Can we ever get a GP that would beat Dal's prices if enough of us were interested? Anybody w/experience on how to do GPs w/GM parts? Appreciate your thoughts....

I for one would obviously be in...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This has been on my eventual to-do list for some time. If I can save some cash, I guess I have to move it up the list. :D Consider me in if we can get one.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Outta curiousity.. who ya gonna do this through?

Note: I have mine in my sig for those who dont know what they look like. I just got the satin dress kit/hardware for them today from MBA! :cool:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Is there that much interest? I have a set with the dress kit and the mounting studs that I will probably be selling. They're not looking like they'll clear shaft mount rockers so I'd be looking to swap over to a different set of covers.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by The PuniSSher:
How much you lookin to get for em?
What do they go for new now? I remeber the dress kit and the little mounting dealies being a good amount on top of the covers.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
FWIW, there are no aftermarket producers for these. Only source is GM.

Good luck getting a GM source to sell them to you for appreciably cheaper than Dal. To do that, they'd have to sell at a LOSS.....not exactly smart business ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Originally posted by CMoney:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by The PuniSSher:
How much you lookin to get for em?
What do they go for new now? I remeber the dress kit and the little mounting dealies being a good amount on top of the covers. </font>[/QUOTE]I have no idea how much they go for new? Anyone wanna chime in here, feel free too. :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
This is as of a few years ago I believe...
If you want to change to the plastic Corvette valve covers:
12552321 Valve covers LH $106.30
12552322 Valve covers RH $114.55
12554925 Cap Assembly $ 2.58
10108674 Valve Stud (x8) $ 3.56
10108675 Bolts (x8) $ 1.29
Totals: $262.23

I paid $66 shipped for the satin dress kit last week.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Autocrosser--
I agree...that's why I asked if anyone had any experience on GPs w/GM. But as we see, lots of us are interested--so now we need some hints as to how to crack the GM code. Anyone w/good ideas?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.