Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 126 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright Guys, I'm getting ready to buy a new fuel pump for this year to replace the tired stock unit. Instead of just going out and buying one I thought maybe we could get a GP going on one. I had contacted Racetronix directly a few months ago, and they do not do GP, however their vendors/dealers/distributors do. It just so happens Combination Motorsports is one of them. I had contacted them a couple of weeks ago, and they said they'd get back with me on a price.

So I figured I'd see what kind of interest their was in buying the kit (link below) so maybe CM will see there's interested buyers and respond quicker (Yes I know they're prolly busy with stuff). I'm not sure how much we can get off the kit, but it sounded like CM would be interested in doing a GP.

So Who's interested.

Fuel Pump and Wiring Harness from Racetronix.
http://www.racetronix.com/Racetronix-B-body_LT1_Pump_Kit.html

Matt

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I made my own FP relay harness and recommend anyone who needs one BUY ONE like the Racetronix or I am sure Gary's is great.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by StangKillerSS:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> He made me a fuel pump harness for my car.
Yea, but you are gay Troy, hahahaa </font>[/QUOTE]Yea well I do live in Taft.
Everyone needs a gay friend, right.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
From the Racetronix site:

"The Walbro pumps used in our B-LT1 kits are not standard issue Walbro pumps. We have had customers contact us after purchasing elsewhere to ask why the pumps will not fit properly in the factory fuel module."

Does this mean that THEIR Walbro pumps will not fit the factory sending unit or pumps bought elsewhere will not fit?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just so everyone knows.
Gary and I did some voltage testing before and after at the pump.
It did not go up the amount Racetronix says.
How they are getting there numbers is with the key on for the stock reading and running for the second reading with the harness. Mine IIRC was within .5 volt or so. I know it can carry more amps with the volts going up and the resistance going down. But I was just doing an FYI if your stock harness is in good working order.
My Walbro pump I bought fit fine, I did not buy it form Racetronix though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i,m interested too,. if we can get it drop shipped to me here in the 'valley' (they are made in toronto)and if it would work out cheaper,
nick

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm interested in the kit (pump & harness) but only if we can get this moving pretty quickly - I need a pump in the next three weeks (at the latest).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by SSWEET:

"The Walbro pumps used in our B-LT1 kits are not standard issue Walbro pumps. We have had customers contact us after purchasing elsewhere to ask why the pumps will not fit properly in the factory fuel module."

Does this mean that THEIR Walbro pumps will not fit the factory sending unit or pumps bout elsewhere will not fit?
From the Walbro website:

For several years, folks have been stuffing those pumps into the fuel modules of LT1-powered F-body and B-body cars. They weren't a direct fit, but if you trimmed a couple ribs out of the factory module, you could get the pump to fit.

In March 2004, Walbro introduced a version of the Gen-II pump with a new inlet. The pickup was offset to one side, like many of the GM vehicles on the road.

Oh yeah, I'm in depending on the price.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Originally posted by SSWEET:

Does this mean that THEIR Walbro pumps will not fit the factory sending unit or pumps bout elsewhere will not fit?
i just installed mine after seeing it on my shelf for about 4 months, you do have to do a minor trim up job on the factory pump housing, nothing to be afraid of, the wiring is excellent, simply cut out the top of the housing to fit the larger feed line and plug in, simple takes about 2 mins, they will fit, and the sending unit will work properly as it did before, unless you leave the wires unhooked of course, i found that fishing the wires through the passenger side frame rail was easy using a straightend wire cloths hanger, the wires are just long enough to work, other than that GREAT pump set up

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Originally posted by tbsimmons:
Just so everyone knows.
Gary and I did some voltage testing before and after at the pump.
It did not go up the amount Racetronix says.
How they are getting there numbers is with the key on for the stock reading and running for the second reading with the harness. Mine IIRC was within .5 volt or so. I know it can carry more amps with the volts going up and the resistance going down. But I was just doing an FYI if your stock harness is in good working order.
My Walbro pump I bought fit fine, I did not buy it form Racetronix though.
So are you saying with both being tested running, the Walbro harness was .5 higher than stock?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
so Far we have the following interested. I will get ahold of CM to see what they can do for us.

1. Buffman
2. FaSSt9602
3. mess21
4. HVYCHVY
5. -dW
6. PHANTOM 309
7. onyxss
8. 94SSLT1
9. Trkdrvremt
10.Low Profile **Da King of HTx**
11.PUNISSHER
12.cheapspeed
13.biggyss
14. Bowtie 9C1LT1 (Harness Only)
15. biggyss
16. bad_94_ss

Anyone else speak up!!

1 - 20 of 126 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.