Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

GP on Spintech's

693 views 36 replies 0 participants last post by  1996caprice9c1 
G
#1 ·
Well, i was looking around on ebay and found a guy that sells spintech mufflers. i forgot what part numbers were on the page, but i know he covers all sizes(2 1/4" to 3") I sent the guy an email and asked if he would cut a deal on pricing if a reasonable amount were purchased from him. I'm not sure how much spintechs are going for, but i'm assuming that with enough people placing orders, we can get a good price. if anyone's interested or has questions they'd like me to ask the guy, shoot me a PM or email.

I know some people might be leary about buying mufflers off ebay, so i would be willing to be the test dummy on this one. I'll order a set and let ya'll know how things turn out. hopefully this can work out and everyone can be happy. key word is "hopefully". Have a good one.
Mont

G
#7 ·
The ebay guy is cool. He shipped me the wrong ones and fixed the problem in two days. I was disappointed in the sound tho. My Flows sound alot better on my 96 but it has headers,cam and no cats. Once I get these cats off the 94 I will see if I really like spintechs or not but with cats spintechs suck to me (sound like a old beat up ford truck). Thats my opinion tho and Im running 2 1/2" from the cat back with h pipe.

G
#8 ·
Wow you are scaring me.LOL I have 2 1/2 from the cat back with the h pipe as well. I don't want my car to sound like a ford truck. I have heard cars in person with spintechs though and they do sound nasty. I don't know.. Do you have the prostreets?

G
#10 ·
Yeah let me know. I heard that you have use different cats with those mufflers. Is there anyway you can do a soundclip? If not I will take your word for it. But I do want to try these mufflers. It's either them or the super 40's.

G
#13 ·
yall are scaring me with the talk of bad drone and bad sound...ive been waiting to get these from the guy on ebay, since he is local and allows pickup....But I hate old ford trucks and will have stock cats...might reaplce em with new stocker cats...but still will be stock. Hmm...Thumps car sounds ok on the video....wattslok sounds real good tho. :confused:

G
#14 ·
Yeah I have the stock manifolds as well. But they are gutted. I think I might go with some new hi flow cats though. My cats are holding up but they are old. I like the way that buffman's car sounds as well. Also punissher's car sound nasty too. I am leaning toward the prostreets again. Where do I hear Miguel's car?

G
#16 ·
Oh Ok Miguel's car is the punissher. I got it now. Yeah his car sounds nasty. My buddy has spintech's on his too. He has a 6spd and he just went to the GM 845 cam and it sounds mean as hell. That's also what got me interested in the spintech's. I am a lil curious about the drone aspect too. I never really heard that they have bad drone. But you know some rides are different than others.

G
#17 ·
Originally posted by Mdtrooper314:
Oh Ok Miguel's car is the punissher. I got it now. Yeah his car sounds nasty. My buddy has spintech's on his too. He has a 6spd and he just went to the GM 845 cam and it sounds mean as hell. That's also what got me interested in the spintech's. I am a lil curious about the drone aspect too. I never really heard that they have bad drone. But you know some rides are different than others.
Not to mention names, but this GTO sounded good until he put magnablows on it. (Video is Pro-Streets)

http://videos.streetfire.net/player.aspx?fileid=9F238012-DC6E-47BB-A764-3BBC9F8E50D3

G
#18 ·
i have drone in the same range as Matt but I love the sound so much that I deal with it and turn the music up. And yea Sokol should have NEVER got rid of the Pro Streets for the Magnablows on his LS2 Goat. That car sounded like King Kong screaming up the street!

G
#20 ·
WOW! Is all I have to say. That Goat sounded MEAN!! I would never have switched those mufflers. I have never hear an Ls2 GTO that loud. There is a guy at my job with the same exact car. He has the bolt on corsa exhaust on it. It's ok. It's not to loud and defintely doesn't sound anywhere as good as the spintechs. I am 100% sure I am going with the spintechs. Thanks for the video I enjoyed that. I am going to watch it again.

Punnisher, I am a fan of your impala. Keep up the good work.

G
#22 ·
Listen you effin dirtbags, I would've kept the Spins on if it wasn't for the **** I went through with them. Those ****ers were so loud I was getting false knock everytime I romped on it. Not a pleasant feeling when your car bogs down and it isn't even because of the traction control system. Immediately after I installed the Magnaflow catback, I left some rubber with first and second with a chirp into third. That never happened with the Spintech catback. Spintechs sound awesome. That was the reason I got them. Anyone that's looking for one of the sweetest sounding mufflers......SPINTECH.

P.S. I personally believe that a baffled muffler will NEVER outflow a "straight-thru" designed muffler. I learned this the hard way $$$

G
#24 ·
Originally posted by sokoolss:
Listen you effin dirtbags, I would've kept the Spins on if it wasn't for the **** I went through with them. Those ****ers were so loud I was getting false knock everytime I romped on it. Not a pleasant feeling when your car bogs down and it isn't even because of the traction control system. Immediately after I installed the Magnaflow catback, I left some rubber with first and second with a chirp into third. That never happened with the Spintech catback. Spintechs sound awesome. That was the reason I got them. Anyone that's looking for one of the sweetest sounding mufflers......SPINTECH.

P.S. I personally believe that a baffled muffler will NEVER outflow a "straight-thru" designed muffler. I learned this the hard way $$$
well you should have gotten tuning to get that taken care of. Nonetheless it's still a GTO so I'll give you credit

G
#26 ·
mont can you find out the price$$ I have about 3people who would like to buy spintech.... I will send you a PM. I like my racing flows they loud and give power and that's what I like :D THANKS

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.