Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back to Los Angeles Saturday 3am, and Want to give a BIG THANKS to the ISSCA BOD for their hard work in making this a great event.
I got to meet alot of people and finally put a face to the names. Everyone was so friendly It was really worth the trip out even though I did not bring a car I still had a blast. I also helped out to fill in for someone who was not able to volunteer after all and I must say I was happy I did. I got to meet many more people this way. I would recommend anyone to volunteer next time when they need some help.
Thanks Guys Great JOB! :D

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thanks Mark, and also glad to meet you and thanks to you also for the service.
Karl Ellwein
ISSCA region 12

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I too had a great time and look forward to participating in the next one. What a great group of people who worked thier butts off too make sure that all had a great time.

Andy Simmons

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To everyone who was involved in the organization of the event, GREAT JOB!!! Had a great time!!! Way to go Harvey.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just wanted to tell eveyone that I had a great time as well and it looks like they did another good job pulling off this event. I just want to apologize to anyone that I did not get to while I was out there. I spent many hours each day at Combination motorspors doing stuff for them and got pretty Ill on Friday morning (Never eating at jack in the box again) and got a late start out there and was at their shop till 8PM when I had to leave to fly out. I need a clone

Thanks ISSCA,
Bryan

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Heard it was an excellent event from my husband. Hope to make another in the future. No room on the roads here {Azores}
for the Impala unless you want dents and scrapes.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just wanted to express my appreciation to ISSCA BOD and all those volunteers! I really enjoyed my time in Las Vegas. Thanks again, and I hope to see you all at the next year!

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Had a blast meeting everyone too.Can`t wait for E- Town next year. :D

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had a good time & meeting the people on this forum was very kewl... <---Missed meeting Mad Mav though..!
George

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The Las Vegas SShowdown was a great time!

I want to thank Scott Williams for organizing this forum to sponsor the Soundoff competition; Chris Lewis for providing the electronics; Chris Steubing for braving the 100+ degree heat to do such a nice job of judging; Dave Scott, George Lafave (sp?) and Art Funk for volunteering and staying with the task; Bill Harper for keeping us supplied with great quantities of iced bottled water and Clay Micheau who arranged for the tent and generators.

Also, a big thanks to all the competitors who showed great class, ingenuity and patience to make the Soundoff competition such a joy.

Finally, thanks to all the volunteers, BoD members and significant others who were constantly at the job and who carried it off with such grace and efficiency. Can't wait to see everyone again next year in Englishtown!

chuck spera
Soundoff Guy 2004

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Had a great time in Vegas. You guys put on a great event.

Here is a link to some pictures I took.

Vegas Pics

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Would love to see your pics, Bob, but the link doesn't seem to be working(?)

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by wilkin4:
Had a great time in Vegas. You guys put on a great event.

Here is a link to some pictures I took.

Vegas Pics
great pics, thanks for sharing.

Vegas was awesome, i had a great time. It was nice to put faces to screen names.

I would also like to thank everyone who headed east on I-40 early on saturday for warming up the Arizona cops. The one who pulled me over said "Yeah, I saw a lot of these cars come through earlier; I thought about pulling them over, but I knew there'd be more." Luckily, he hates his clown vic and wrote me a warning.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Great to see everyone again, and meet some new faces! Sorry, I didn't get to meet you George, maybe next time.

Later,
Mav

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Great to see everyone, and meet some new folks. Sorry I didn't get to meet everyone, but to say they kept me a little busy trying to help run things (figured out I worked 17 straight hours on Thursday :eek: ) would be an understatement ;)

Got only like 5-6 pics from the event (see that "kept me busy" thing
), but got some wicked cool pics on the way home on Sunday. Since I had some extra time, I went up CA Hwy 1 (Pacific Coast Hwy) from Cambria to Monterrey. Sure didn't mind the 60° outside temps after roasting all week in Vegas! And got some spectacular photos of the ocean!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It might have been a little toasty in Vegas but it was a dry heat :eek: . Must thank everyone for everything they did to make it all work as smooth as it did. A big hats off for all the cool water which made the heat bareable. :D

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Vegas put Tulsa to shame! I didn't think they'd ever top Tulsa. Everything that was "bad" about Tulsa was pretty much eliminated, including the humidity. The event scheduling was very well thought out, and ran smoothly in my opinion. The drive-thru car show was different, and I enjoyed it a lot. The drag racing went along VERY smoothly, the only thing wrong with that night was MY car! :eek: I participated in the autocross for the first time. I learned a lot, and pretty much hold the record for most cones wiped out. My apologies to the course crew.

Vegas left an impression on me that has me re-thinking my "No way am I taking my car East of the Mississippi" additude. Now I'm afraid I might miss out on another great event that my even top this one, if I don't go to Jersey!

I'm glad I went, and I'm glad I'm now home. The trip home was not without incident. I blew my left rear tire on a bridge in Arizona. Luckily none fo the tire flew off, as I was the lead car, with my CSI buddies following me. the tire is demolished, with the entire outer sidewall gone. luckily, I got it shut down before there was any rim damage. The bad part was, I was stuck on a brige on I-15, with very little shoulder. Just then, one of the guys in my group, Eduardo, digs in his trunk, gets out an orange vest, and a flag, and proceeds to direct traffic! :cool: MadMav and I do a NASCAR tire change, and get back down the road. The rest of the trip was OK. We ran into rain in Colorado though :( ...

I had a lot of fun visiting with everyone. Jay Johnson of TX, plus Bill the Big Kahuna, and the East coast gang. Also, catching up with Justin, Trevor, Adrian, Tully, Karen, just to name a few. I can't wait until Dallas! Hope to see you there!

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah, it was great to meet all y'all out there in the parking lot and at the track(s). Had a lot of laughs. Since I couldn't race my POS all I could do is have a lot of laughs.

BTW, anyone want a supercharged, caged, nitroused, F-1 paddle shifting, highly modded piece of crap Impala? Just add a 383 and you are ready to go. Real cheap, make offer over $1. Only 30,055 original miles on this shiitbox.

Justin, you get your Team Sapphire Racing jacket yet?

As my first national event I wanted to check everything out. What a blast! I thought ISSCA did a nice job, my only beef was that there was a trophy for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place for every damn category in the car show, yet Nab runs an 11.90 @ 116 and loses to Phil Villa in the Super Pro finals and you know what he got? A hearty handshake and a slap on the back! No trophy though! There should be trophies given out for more than 1st place in the real racing stuff too, right? It's a hell of a lot harder getting your car ready to run 11's then rolling out your hardly driven Impala, dusting it off, and collecting a trophy, no?

But I digress.

Great to meet everyone, can't wait to see you at Englishtown in 2005.

BTW, no one warned me how damn ugly Mav was. Jeez Louise! I almost lost an eye!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts