Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently done some research on Electric Exhaust Cutouts and found what I think is a good supplier. Badlanz High Performance Exhaust.

I've been in contact with Charles, (The Owner), who agreed to a group buy directly through him, when I find a Few committed Buyers. Charles makes his parts in-house on his CNC mill and backs his parts with a 5 year warrant. (Best I could find on Electric Cutouts).

This Year the owner has increased the warranty period and the price of the parts. The owner also stated that he is going to raise his prices soon.

The owner offered $25.00 off a dual kit.

His Response:

Go with the following...you can get steel or stainless

http://www.badlanzhpe.com/po.php?cPath=39&osCsid=2dbaa8280914aedb5876d1c4f4d3678e

My front page has a special for the controller.

Storewide Promotions/Sales

Single Wireless Controller:

Normally $110.00
On Sale $70.00

Dual Wireless Controller:
Normally $115.00
On Sale $75.00

Please Reply Here or PM me if your interested...

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More Info and Videos of the Products

Home Page

http://www.badlanzhpe.com/

Other Group Buys from Trailblazer SS forum (Read the original posts from the guy who toured the shop and set up this group buy) (***Remember this was only with a 2yr warranty in mid 2009 so prices were different)

http://www.tbssowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30647

Quoted from that thread:
"Thicker butterfly plate and better seal. As a test he actually dumped water into the cutout and I did not see it drip a drop. He said it would leak by eventually but the fact you could pour water in it is a testament to the fit if nothing else.

The Y-pipes look 10 times better than the DMH. I had to tweak one of the bolts on mine to even get the cutout to slide on. The tolerances on this stuff is a lot better. Very apparent when you see it.

As far as the gearmotor its impossible for me to speak of longevity as only time will tell. But they were well sealed. As a matter of fact all his harness stuff looked really good.

After talking to him a bit you could tell he strives to make a better product. I honestly dont know how he does it so inexpensively as the outlay for the CNC machine alone had to be substantial.

It really is nice stuff. If you read my post above I was skeptical and had every intention of going there and beating him up !

Above all that he had a multitude of valves/Y options. It wasnt a one size fits all deal."

***Also the only negative info I could find on Badlandz HPE was from a Subaru Forum from a purchase in 2006.

FROM BADLANDZ WEBSITE:

PLEASE READ!!!!

THEY ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE OPENED AND CLOSED UNDER ANY DRIVING CONDITIONS OR HIGH RPMS. THE RESULT WILL BE GEAR MOTOR DAMAGE WITH EXHAUST LEAKS AND A "RATTLING" SOUND COMING FROM THE EXHAUST CUTOUT. FAILURE TO OPEN OR CLOSE WITH ENGINE OFF OR AT ENGINE IDLE WILL VOID THE WARRANTY.

Only use at idle or in neutral....Not Wide Open Throttle...

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

112 Views and not a single comment????

Is there really no interest in these here guys????

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
IM down, i was about to buy them from their ebay page anyways.

Question. He sells dual 3" kits on ebay for 354 and Free Shipping.
He sells them on his site for 335+ shipping.

He's not gonna offer them for 310 and then charge 40$ to ship them right?

as long as shipping does not make the price go back up to 350 range, then i am down to pick some up.

Any discount on a single? have a friend with a turbo grand prix that wants one 3"

As far as I have seen online, these are the best you can get until Quicktime performance comes out with theirs. They have phenolic separating the cutout from the motor, and have .25 second open to close time, but they have "supposed" to come out with these for 2 years now, so i gave up on waiting.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Free Shipping

He replied back to me this morning and said Free Shipping, (Continental US), on his site and $30-$40 for Non Continental US shipping.

He did not respond to my turndown question. He said his online prices are $10-20 cheaper than his Ebay Prices...

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
sweet, put me down for 2. (by 2 i mean 1 set, 3" dual, non stainless)

you might want to post this on the camaroz28 site too, get a bunch more people in this.
although $20 isnt THAT much of a savings, it is still 20$.

I know i dont speak for everyone, but if it is a purchase I am already going to make, 20$ is an incentive to do it a week or two sooner, but to get someone to jump on making a purchase they were not planning on making, the discounts have to be a little higher than 2.5-3%

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Custom or Standard?

The Custom is slightly larger allowing more flow (EX the 2.5" pipes measure almost 3" the cutout)
---Notice the flared ends on both the Y-pipe at the cutout and the turn-down at the connections.

The standard kits is for an existing y-pipe .

Also be advised that the owner will provided a discount code to be used at his site, so that each member deals with him directly, which is most efficient for all parties...

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Would like a set also but would like to know whats the shipping to Hawaii zip 96744.
Im looking for 3" kit

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
I would be in if the discount was more than 2.5-3% like Crispix mentioned.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Owner set the prices and discount

He stated that he soon would raise his prices again since business had been busy and he increased his warranty to 5 years. $25 off and free shipping was all he was willing to do. I want some so I will purchase regardless.

All I would say is that if your thinking about a set this would be the time.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have been talking with the owner

First free shipping even to Hawaii

Also he emailed me a new deal, (which I have no say in).

dual valve*kit only. $10.00 off

dual valve kit with y-pipe** $15.00 off

dual valve kit with y-pipe and turndown $25.00 off

Dual valve kit with y-pipe, turndown, and wireless controller* $35.00 off

Single kits $10.00 off only.

He also replied with this:

I decided to go with different amounts off due to someone only purchasing a valve and getting $25.00 off and someone who purchase everything and still only gets $25.00 off.

I will create four coupon codes for $10.00, $15.00, $25.00 and $35.00. Have your members e-mail me the kit they need and I'll issue them a code. It can only be used once.

Please have your members find a better deal from another company before they even get the coupon code discount. I have the best prices out there. If I don't, then I'll match theirs. Also I ship free, and I know the competition does not.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I agree

When I replied back to Jim about the difference he replied with the latter about try to find a better deal.

Now we have to buy cutouts to get $25 off. Good news is the wireless is now $45 off normal price if we buy them.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Purchase

I will still buy also

Now to get the wireless or not??????

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I Ordered my kit today

I ordered the Custom dual 2.5" Kit with Wireless and Caps.

If anyone else is interested in ordering, Email Charles at [email protected] and tell him what you are wanting to buy. He will send you a discount code to use at Checkout through his website.

Pretty simple and you have the option to use PayPal or your CC on his site...

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Arrival

I got my Electric Cutout kit today and the Parts look very nice.

I connected the parts together in the floor of the garage to a battery and clicked the wireless remotes.

Both motors opened and closed just like they should. The parts are high quality and I really like the High Quality Connections...

Did anyone else order???

1 - 20 of 40 Posts