Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 245 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As discussed in this thread
I'm working on a group purchase for the OZ novas.
As of this molment, here's the price I can do:
The wheels themselves, redrilled, inserted, hub rings and lugnuts will run $670.00 for a set of 4, plus freight. Freight runs between $50-100, depending on zip code.
$670 is the price if I buy them a set @ a time.
(EDIT:$670 is the correct price for non-gp purchase- bad calculator!)
But if we can set up a group purchase, then the price will drop.
If I can get 4 people, then we come down a bit to $630.00. IF I could get 8 together, it may drop to $600.00 or less.

Remember that is PLUS freight.

The process is this:
Leave deposit on the wheels. I will order the wheels from the vendor. He ships to me. I get the wheels drilled and inserted. I repackage wheels along with lugs and hub rings. I ship them out to you.
This could take up to two weeks depending on where you live. Local pickup is available.
This is being done through the shop I work for, Kram Tire, and I personally make nothing off of this. Doing it for the LOVE!

Can we get enough people together for a GP?

[ 02-12-2007, 06:23 AM: Message edited by: Also sprach Firewood ]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am interested but concerned about the strength after drilling.
Did the wheels originally come with 10 holes?
Why are there inserts in holes and what keeps them in place?
With 10 holes will wheel bend if I hit pothole while turning?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by etsfl:
I am interested but concerned about the strength after drilling.
Did the wheels originally come with 10 holes?
Why are there inserts in holes and what keeps them in place?
With 10 holes will wheel bend if I hit pothole while turning?
Firewood would be the best at answering this...I had the same question an here is what he said (and I trust him 110%)

If you are concerned about strength, Lemme say that only a minimal amount material is removed, and the steel inserts help regain what is lost. In addition, the hub rings help distribute any load the wheel is bearing accross the mounting surface.
In other words, quite safe.
Here is some other good reading that was passed to me on the hub rings from another good source ;) ....

[ 02-07-2007, 10:36 PM: Message edited by: Brokecello ]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's a damn nice wheel. How many sets are we up to now ? I cant believe the forum cant buy every set left. tell me $600 plus shipping and a set is mine.
edit: I think, errr I wanna, Uhhh count me in These will look dynamite on the Cadi, and give me more sidewall.

[ 02-08-2007, 08:29 AM: Message edited by: Eracer ]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
18x8.5 is all that's available.

We've been redrilling wheel in the Atl area for 10+ years. The only problems I've seen are on vehicles where they weren't properly installed. Use the lugnuts provided, use the hub rings, torque to 90lbs, and you'll be fine. There are Suburbans, Donks, Bubbles, and ect with redrilled wheels that aren't even running steel inserts! You can save $20 by not getting them if you prefer...
I cannot offer you scientific studies showing structural integrity. Just experience.
Remember you are buying a modified wheel. I'll have them on my own vehicle as soon as I can afford tires.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Time to delivery: It takes about 3-5 working days for the wheels to get to us, 1 day for redrilling, and whatever ups says for shipping to you. I'll contact everyone individually that's interested in purchase.
Anyone gonna paint theirs? I'm gonna paint the centers on mine beige, I think. To go with the wood.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Looks like we have a few :cool:
Brokecello
96Fleetwood
Eracer
Rennick if I can ship to canada (ups?)

Not sure about:
etsfl
PunisherSS
Mr9two9
If you are in, PM me with address and phone # so I can give you your shipped price.

[ 02-08-2007, 09:04 PM: Message edited by: Also sprach Firewood ]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yep, I am definately in. Quick question, what is your preferred method of payment? Do you take Paypal?

Sent my PM

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I would prefer you ship USPS if you could, but UPS is fine. The only reason is that USPS doesn't usually charge brokerage fees at the border. my postal code is N5A6M3 if you want to check the shipping. Again, assuming there are no problems getting them here, I am definitely in.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes, I am definitely in on this one. But hey Wood, how bout sending a free gift along with the purchase ? perhaps a cd from yer band, or a sample cd of some of the stuff ya been recording ?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Originally posted by Eracer:
Yes, I am definitely in on this one. But hey Wood, how bout sending a free gift along with the purchase ? perhaps a cd from yer band, or a sample cd of some of the stuff ya been recording ?
What? Lugs and rings aren't enough?

I've only got a few copies of my band's (see sig) Cd, but I'll send ya one.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Originally posted by Rennick:
I would prefer you ship USPS if you could, but UPS is fine. The only reason is that USPS doesn't usually charge brokerage fees at the border. my postal code is N5A6M3 if you want to check the shipping. Again, assuming there are no problems getting them here, I am definitely in.
I'll check out USPS.

1 - 20 of 245 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.