Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,
I bought a pair of GTO seats, and at first was thinking that the OEM mounting brackets might be able to be used with some minor adapting.
It doesn't look to be that easy, as those are definitely too long for use in our cars.
To use the GTO seats it looks like I'll have to design some brackets to go from the GTO seats to the stock bracketry.

I was wondering if anyone has first hand experience with this project. before I get too involved.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,495 Posts
Junior, I have an idea, maybe. I would have to see some pics of the Goat seat sitting in place though.

Mark: Snowman-33

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Hi, how crazy was it when you took your cappy seat bracket and lined it up with the mounting holes in the GTO seats ?
i would think 2 holes line up either both front or back, and you only need to customize other half ? Or are the seats a different width and you are SOL and need to build a bracket that bolts to the seat and to the holes in the floor of the car ?

-ALF out...

·
Premium Member
1,495 Posts
Hi, how crazy was it when you took your cappy seat bracket and lined it up with the mounting holes in the GTO seats ?
i would think 2 holes line up either both front or back, and you only need to customize other half ? Or are the seats a different width and you are SOL and need to build a bracket that bolts to the seat and to the holes in the floor of the car ?

-ALF out...
This is sort of what I was thinking. I think in a past post Junior said they were wider. If that's the case a new bracket may be needed but maybe he can weld some flat bar to two of the mounts and drill it to attach. It's difficult to ponder without pics. Another thought would be to remove the brackets from both seats and again using flat bar, welding and drilling to mate them up.

Mark: Snowman-33

1 - 4 of 4 Posts