Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
aka mr me too rims...

got these off craigslist for my project(in the works) black caprice...22 irocs...22x9.5

dont know if the tires will rub or not...havnt tried them on yet

265/35/22 front
285/35/22 rear

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Niiiiiiccccccccceeeeeeeeee!!!!

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
if you're lowering your car they're gonna rub 99% of the time or just not fit, 265/35 is what i used when my car was stock height and they rubbed before full turn...those 285s are just not for our cars, get rid of them with the quickness.

·
Registered
738 Posts
I had 265/35/22's all the way around and I only rubbed when I'd hit a bump when I turned hard. I had a 1 1/2 inch drop on my car too.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How Much did they go for?
got them for $600... hell of a deal huh?

k gee; said:
Cool, now if we can only get you and your boy Ian out to an event.
yeah, ians def wants to cruise with anybody to an event or anything...were going to book our hotel either tonight or tommrow...WCG...cant wait

and the 285's for sure will rub?

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
285/35 will rub

you can try, but 285/30 rubbed on my ride. I have +13mm offset and my body is shifted to one side, which caused it to rub more. But if it rubs, it's going to be on the molding, towards the front of the car and on the inside. I think with a wheel that is +15mm and my body was center, I could run 285 with no issues on almost anything but ST springs. Don't some run 295 or 305?

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Damn, SIMP. I thought you were going with that C-10? Now you got a cappy too? Good to hear

·
Registered
582 Posts
cheap wheel for a cheap look. IMHO of course!

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
looking good bro, you steal tables from fast food joints?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Cool, now if we can only get you and your boy Ian out to an event. :)
i've been tryin to tell simpson to round up some people and go cruise one day on the weekend, but he never wants to take out any of his cars!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts