Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to figure out if a Moroso road race pan I may buy off of a forum member is going to clear my 1 3/4 quad 1's. Since nobody seems to have the pan with long tubes to tell me if it works, and my motor is in the machine shop (I have another LT1 block but no heads to mock this up on) I was hoping somebody could be kind enough to take some measurements for me. I just need the distance between the headers at the oil pan and also how high/low from the pan rail the headers sit so I can figure out if the kickouts on the side of the pan will clear. It would be greatly appreciated!!!

·
Registered
694 Posts
Not sure that I have the correct pan, but Im thinking it is. With the kick-outs on each side and the trap doors inside,.. maybe? lol
Anyway, here are a couple pics showing the fit. The only problem is my low oil level sensor has melted, but not to the point that it no longer functions.

Sorry, pics taken from ny EVO.
two of the drivers side

passenger side

Hope this helps,
ZACH

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Zach, so that is a moroso pan? Thanks for the pictures!!

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
I used to run a deep Moroso pan and Quad-1s on my Caprice. But I am not sure if it is the same pan you are talking about.

·
Registered
694 Posts
SSandman, I didnt actually buy that pan, so I do not know for sure what brand or what part number it is.
The only thing I had to go on was the visual shape, and the "gold-ish" color of the pan before I had it powder coated black.

Still hope I helped,
ZACH

1 - 5 of 5 Posts