Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a bulb out and figure I'd upgrade to H.I.D's.

Who's got the best value?
Plug and play?

I think Snakey was the man, is he still around?

~ Barbarossa

·
Registered
7,024 Posts
I thought Pimpala had some kits.

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hrmm I think I heard that too...

Looking for LED corner lamp bulbs while I'm at it.

(I got a fix-it ticket)

·
Premium Member
1,053 Posts

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
^^^ I agree with Kev, i love my DDMtuning kit. 8k 55 watt FTMFW

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
www.ddmtuning.com

I was buying the same kits for double the price before I found them directly. Don't listen to what anyone else tells you about quality etc. Just get these and be done IMO.
Did you buy directly or someone on here sells them?

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Did you buy directly or someone on here sells them?
Is the link in blue not clear enough? Go on the site and order em... you will get them in less than a week

·
Premium Member
1,053 Posts

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
Buy them directly from the website Berns.

Lots of places buy them from DDM directly, and then simply double the price. $75-100 shipped was good 5 years ago, but when you think about it, it's all made very inexpensively, so $30-50 shipped (depending on what you order) is a MUCH more realistic price. People pay what, $20 for each Silverstar bulb.

To each his own, I don't like Silverstars, I don't care about true Xenon or 100W bulbs that people pay $200 and cry about how the light output is THAT much better.

Throw a DDM kit in and be done with it.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Buy them directly from the website Berns.

Lots of places buy them from DDM directly, and then simply double the price. $75-100 shipped was good 5 years ago, but when you think about it, it's all made very inexpensively, so $30-50 shipped (depending on what you order) is a MUCH more realistic price. People pay what, $20 for each Silverstar bulb.

To each his own, I don't like Silverstars, I don't care about true Xenon or 100W bulbs that people pay $200 and cry about how the light output is THAT much better.

Throw a DDM kit in and be done with it.
Preach on brotha

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
How about Gary's headlight harness? Worth the investment?
Ehhh...HID's pull less current than halogens so its not needed as if you just went with a higher power halogen bulb...BUT it def wont hurt

·
Registered
6,949 Posts
35 watt HIDs will do you fine, DDM has the best price for the quality. Don't bother with that harness. If they flick off for you, get one of the cheapy harnesses from ebay for $10 or so so that it gets power straight from the battery, but you prob won't need it.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
anyone have cop problems with HIDs still after having them for a while? still thinking of doin it, but by christmas i'll have streetlights and i'll probably buy a DDM kit for the H9s..just not sure if i wanna spend the $40 or not now.

·
Registered
661 Posts
anyone have cop problems with HIDs still after having them for a while? still thinking of doin it, but by christmas i'll have streetlights and i'll probably buy a DDM kit for the H9s..just not sure if i wanna spend the $40 or not now.
knock on wood...

Been runnin 8k HID's on all my cars since 06, not an issue yet.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts