Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone running these? What do you think of them? They are 285 and some change at carparts.com, but I have a chance to land some for considerably cheaper.

------------------
-Wade
94 SS

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I was just about to ask the same question. Does the 1.6" drop of these springs in front cause problems with the stock wheel/tire setup? I've heard Bell Tech (2") springs require a lower profile tire, but I assume the problems occur with the rear tires.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am almost against running these springs on MY car because my Ramit is only 6 and 1/2 inches off the ground...I think I would be in danger if I did them. H&R are really good springs, so I have heard.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No, the do not require the use of a lower profile tire. I am using 2" drop Intrax springs with stock rubber on two SS and do not have a problem.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm running H&R springs and have had no problems with rubbing or anything of that nature front or back. I am currently running 275/40/17s, but have used the stock-size tires as well as 20 inch wheels and tires (20x8.5front and 20x10 w/ 255/35 and 285/35) with no rubbing. They do lower the car quite a bit and with the 275/40s I can no longer use my floor jack without using ramps first. The factory jack fits just fine though. $285 is a little high. I paid around $200 at the tirerack, which had the lowest price of any place I called. www.tirerack.com

------------------
96 BBB Impala SS. MTI 400HP head/cam package, headers, Borla exhaust, 3.42 gears, H&R 2" springs, 275/40/17 Kumho tires on stock SS rims, 2 TVs, DVD player, 2000 WATTS of MTX power, 2 12" Kicker L7 Solobarics

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How is ride quality? Did you have any problems with scraping when you were running the stock wheels/tires? Also, Maco Motorsports has them for $190! Tire rack for $179!

-Wade

[This message has been edited by Way2SSlow (edited February 19, 2001).]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.