Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Just curious if anyone has had any dealings with Matt Adams at VSE regarding HA sway bars?

No to go to far into the details but my card has been charged, I was told the bars were on hand and they'd ship the next day. Given the holidays and such I Thought id give him the benefit of the doubt. I called him today and asked if he had a tracking # and he asked if Id call back, sure no problem. Called back, secretary still out, can I call you back, sure no problem. No call back.

Anyone have a similar experience? I am really trying to be patient because I really want these bars but if I had to guess, nothings been shipped!

Oh well, mainly just venting!

Dougsster

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've had no personal dealings, but I've heard it can be like pulling teeth... They are available elsewhere if you continue to have trouble... good luck!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any particular reason you didn't just go with the HO bar? Just curious since they're the same. Is the HA bar a better price than $179?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I ordered my Matt Adams HA rear bar awhile back in January (can't remember if it was Jan 2000 or 2001). I got mine in April, almost 4 months later.

I live 300 miles away from his shop so don't hold your breath on getting your fast.

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dougsster,

It seems VSE has pretty poor customer service. I had to wait several months (I don't remember how long but at least 4 or 5) to get my rear bar.

Rest assured, he always seems to come through and the quality of the bar really is worth the wait.

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Malibu Perfomance in CA is selling the HO front & rear sway bars. Ask for Bruce. With shipping I think the rear bar was $204.00.

The phone# is (818) 222-6725

Hope the number hasn't changed :confused:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
WHAT A FRIGGIN BOZO!!!! :mad:

So after waiting 3 weeks for my bars he sends me the front one with the heim joint ends!!! After reading scotts write up about Herbs bars is when I decided to go with the bar with the greaseable tie rod end attachments. When I ordered them I was very very very specific about the one I wanted! (I run a garage with 4 ASE master techs and order all parts, I know how to be specific)As a matter of fact, he even recommended that style for the street!

So tommorrow Ill call and leave another message that wont be returned on his buisness answering machine, call my credit card company and start the dispute process and send him his **** back! I know its been said that you should support your fellow entheusiast and that was what I was trying to do! Well, From now on Ill take wallmart style of quick and cheap and hopefully put the little guy like this one out of buisness for good!

As for your future sway bar needs, Malibu performance for the rear bar, National parts depot for the 78-81 pontiac "F" body front bar and Im sure youll be happy, not disappointed, frustrated and mad, youll also be money ahead!

Sorry for the rant but I can appreciate people kevin overall (zaino dist) who delivers what he sells in a timely efficeint manner.

:mad:

Dougsster

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I went thru the same thing when I bought a front bar in 2000. Paid in January, got the heim joint sway bar in April. Asked for tracking #s since he kept telling me the bar shipped last week...That went on for a couple months. Anyway, making a painful story short, I finally got the correct bar with the greasable tie-rods. A whole 6 months after the check was cashed...
Talk about an experience I never want to repeat.

But, I must say it was a great mod. Do the steering stops, too, or remember not to lock the steering.

Good luck.

Ruben

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.