Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
*looks around*
Where are all the Indy threads? I only found a few???
*looks around again...*

Hey Guys,

Man, I had an AWESOME time!!! It was great putting faces to names and to meet those without that new fangled interweb, too.
I don't mean to leave anyone out, but it was great to meet Bobo and see his tire shaving service in person, Terry with the longest burnout of the week, Ettor and Cassino, Mark with that killer T56/blower BBB (bummer about the head gasket and clutch), Doug Wood (what were those 4 points you were trying to make that first night? ;) ), all the ECIRS regulars, Bewbz (apparently my long lost older brother ;) ) and Jimbeau, and everyone else! (Sorry, I'm terrible with names!) It was great hanging out at the Flamingo lounge each night. I finally even got some rubber on the side of my car! Ha! I also got on the burnout scoreboard, too!

Here's a shot from the "other end" of burnout row...

I was up til 3am just about every night in the parking lot hanging out. And then up at 6 or 7 am for the next day's events. Sleep is definately over-rated!

Those of you who didn't go really missed a great time.

Thanks to everyone who gave me tips on the autocross and roadcourse too. What a blast those were! Who knew racing with turns could be so much fun? Heh heh. I need bigger brakes, and sways, and tires, and... *gulp*

I have pics up on my site. Go to my home page, click on the photo album link at the bottom, and then select Indy Nats from the drop down. My computer did funky things with the order, but hey, they're all there! If you want a high res pic, shoot me an email.

I'm also looking for pics and vids of my own car. It's car 257 with the charcoal racing stripes/flames with the NH YE-HAA plates. (Especially the ones in the parking lot!) If you've got them, please email them to me. I'd really appreciate it!

Sorry I really didn't get to say good-bye to everyone after the awards ceremony. I had to drive straight through back to MA for a wedding saturday morning and we had to get right on the road. I hope everyone got home safe and sound.

I really can't wait til the next one! To those who missed this year's. MAKE DAMN SURE you get to the next one!!!! :D

Oh, and here's Chris (SSONIC) accepting the most coveted award of the week...

Ha ha!!! That's ok, the Hotckis bars you won in the auction more than make up for that!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
You got it right Bill...it was a blast! Great meeting you at the Flamingo Bar where the ultimate smoke shows are served up. See you at the next event.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bill - It was a pleasure meeting you too! I have a nice AVI video of your car in the "Flamingo burnout box", but the file is probably too large to e-mail at 5.9MB. I'll try to get them uploaded somewhere this week and get a link to you. Your car looks and sounds great!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The best national event yet!!! IndipalaSS and ISSCA are to be commended for the efforts on putting on this great show.

Here are my pictures from the Indy Nationals:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/sseabrook_tx/album?.dir=1383re2&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/sseabrook_tx/my_photos
My cheap digital camera does not work very well indoors. That is why the pictures of the Hendricks car and the award ceremony do not look so good.

My only regret was that I was a car show judge and by the time I got around to look at the cars they were closed up due to the rain.

Jose Rodriguez

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Terry, I'll keep an eye out.

Hope to see all you guys again soon! Definately at the next one.

(I'm still recovering... Slept all day yesterday and til late morning today! :rolleyes: )

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bill,

You got it right, this was a great Natls! Between the burnouts, racing, drinkin', and more burnouts there was NOT a dull moment.
It was great meeting all my old Impala friends and making some new ones! The Impala community ROCKS! I also had lots of fun going fast and breaking parts as usual, but actually except for the pre-event breakage the car held up well during the actual races.

Terry and Bob F. are the Burnout kings and Michelle did a good job herself. I have a good video of that one I will post when I get a chance.

Thanks for posting a pic of the only trophy I scored this year!
From what intellengence I have gathered I was 4th in the Superpro class at the Drags, 4th (and 4th fastest of the day) in the Race class at the Roadrace, and up there in the AutoX (maybe 5th) - but no hardware to show beyond the coveted cone.

And to boot I owe Mark S. a Steak dinner next time we meet up (SSHS6 maybe?). Next year the open bet will be you have to beat me in the Drags AND EITHER the RC or AutoX. You up Mark? ;)

Take care and drive fast!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
96 Caprice Blue Racer, heads and cam Runs mid 12's
I did a lot of fun running on drag day next to the Blue racer, she was doing a lot better than me, but I did not whitness any 12's and have a couple time slips that say 14 something. best I could do was a 14.63 with a MAF that was and is shot. Too bad the nitrous Express box was crap, it is getting replaced by a microswitch soon. Hopefully I'll catch yall at SHSS 6

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
4 points:

1 - don't give Doug beer

2 - don't give Doug wine

3 - don't give Doug liquor

4 - don't give Doug 'Mountain Dew'

Simply: Alcohol intensifies my personality, and I'm already an *******.

There, something you all can agree upon. :D

dw

"It was a 2006 Yellow Mustang" - that's rich bobo!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by SSONIC:
Michelle did a good job herself. I have a good video of that one I will post when I get a chance.
Yes she did! I also have a good video of that. I'm still uploading all of the videos, but I'll start an "ISSCA Nats burnouts" thread sometime later today. Michelle's video will be in there.

I have pleaty of Fandetti, and at least one each for Bill Crovo, SSonic, Shawn Drake, Roswell, the CMS car, and others. But none of the SSLED - I can't drive and video at the same time. :(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by chevy9556speed:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> 96 Caprice Blue Racer, heads and cam Runs mid 12's
I did a lot of fun running on drag day next to the Blue racer, she was doing a lot better than me, but I did not whitness any 12's and have a couple time slips that say 14 something. best I could do was a 14.63 with a MAF that was and is shot. Too bad the nitrous Express box was crap, it is getting replaced by a microswitch soon. Hopefully I'll catch yall at SHSS 6 </font>[/QUOTE]I have only raced without the nitrous. The blue racer only does 12's with the nitrous. I'm thinking about learning how to use the stuff. I'm getting pretty bold after my first timed run on the road course. Pretty good for a 1st grade teacher. ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah, Michelle's burnout was definately the best of that night! She even outdid Chris in her car! :D

Who knew you could do a brakestand in 4th gear??? :eek:

Ha ha...

Time to turn on that bottle Michelle!!! :D

Oh, and Doug, that was funny!

And Terry, I'm pretty sure Jordan got vids of your burnouts...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm having trouble uploading videos from work, so mine will have to wait until tonight. I'll try to get them up early.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.