Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most of you guys don't know me or aren't really impressed with my car (with good cause), but here's todays story :D :

Got the replacement arm switch in the mail today and couldn't help but install it right away. Last week I moved from a 120bhp jetting to a 135bhp jetting.

Got over to 29 and 250 (fortunately i was at the head of a red light). Gave it 90% throttle to about 35, then full throttle to lay on the juice. This resulted in a nice burnout and a quick flight to about 70 (there's something so elegant about a big heavy car under hard acceleration, it's like you're gliding through the air). This, of course, shocked pedestrians and rush hour traffic hahaha. I did a u turn and ran again, pretty much the same deal, except this time I had to watch myself because I was going 80 before I knew it(and it was still pulling). With my windows down, I also learned that the engine actually does sound different when running nitrous: it's like a rushing air sound on top of the normal engine sound.

Later I get an ABS and an Airbag warning light, which I immediately recognized as the electrical system losing juice. But, as I was hoping, the finecky chevy battery mounting (I had disconnected and reconnected it when installing the arm switch) was at fault, and I simply tightened it up.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by Blue Wail:
So will you be at the Impala shootout at Cecil County Dragway in MD on Saturday?
Do you have any more details? If I were on break and in fairfax I wouldn't think twice about it, but right now I'm at school in charlottesville. I would still like to know some more information. Either way, at best I'll run a 14.5.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks like you guys will be running in Maryland this summer. There is a good chance I will make it to one of those events, but my schedule from now until early May is too busy for the commute.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.