Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, you guys that have the QA1's on the front, how did you mount the bottom shock mounts since you can not use the stock clip nuts on the lower A-arms? Did you mount them outside the bottom of the A-arm, or inside the bottom of the A-arm? Looks as if it can be done either way to me, and stock front lower shock mounts are on the outside bottom of the A-arms, but the QA1's have a split lower mount, as well as a thicker mount. Thanks in advance for reply's. I will check when I get back from work sometime tomorrow.

Dave :confused:

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
FWIW, the stock hardware (J-nut and bolt) works just fine for mounting the HALs.....

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And make sure you point the adjusters at the center of the car so you can get to them.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
AutocroSSer, thanks for the reply! I knew I could use the stock mounting equipment (J-nut and bolt), I just wanted to use the QA1 hardware on account that I can not find the stock bolts, but I have new J-nuts. I found the bolts and it was MUCH easier using the stock nuts/bolts, mounting same as stock position!

SSpify, thanks for your reply, I had them in facing the spindles, I will have to go back and rotate them to face inboard! I never thought that with the wheel and all on it would be a lot easier to get to the inside thru the bottom of the A-arm versus outside thru the springs! Got them rotated already...thanks on the advice!

Dave

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
95DCMSS / Dave

In answer to your question, even though not directed at me

Yes, Mount the QA1 just like the stock shock on the Bottom of the Control Arm.. :D

Hint: You'r gonna LIKE these shocks, especially when on all 4 corners.. :D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nemisis,

Yea, I figure I am gonna like them as well, especially when I get them on the rear as well. I am gonna try running at 4th position for daily driving, seems to be the position most have the fronts on for daily driving. I like the idea of being able to set them up for the strip by just turning them to the softest position (1)on the front.

Dave :D

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
95DCMSS/ Dave

OT,

I just noticed you are in Waverly, I grew up in & Graduated in Jacson, OH :D

I knew a Judge, Roy Gilliland when I was a kid. He did some legal work for my uncle..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts