Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been reading all the post's about these HAL shocks and was wondering where i could get them?How much are they?If im not going to be adjusting them often(probably find a good setting and leave them)are they worth getting,or just go with the Bilsteins?Any comments,suggestions?

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have talked to many guys who race and say that these are some of the best shocks out there for these cars. I have seen them on B-body cars as well as Y-body cars. I bought them since they will last a long time, they are rebuildable, adjust very easily, and look great!!! The ride you get is also much better than most of the shocks out there. I will try to get some time this weekend and install my set. I can't wait!!! I bought mine on a group purchase on this forum a few weeks ago.

Here's the GP I saw: http://www.impalassforum.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=18&t=000388

Nick is a great guy and will get you setup. Have fun.

Steve

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Once again I autocrossed on my HAL/QA1 shocks this past Sunday. Adjusting them to the course (dusty tarmac) bought me four seconds. :D If I'm on a bad piece of road or have a lot of cargo to haul I can make sure that the ride isn't too rough just by turning 2-4 little knobs. They are one of the best mods that I have done to the car.

FYI: The company QA1 bought out HAL and the shocks are now properly called "QA1's." I don't know anyone who calls them that though.

I also got mine in a GP off of the forum.

HTH

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jegs sells them for $140 each. That's were I got mine from.JegsYou can order them there but I would call them and order. They don't have the part for the fronts listed in the catalog.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got mine thru Global West when I bought the rest of my parts from them, Torsen diff., Del-a-lum lowers, front springs, and lower trailing arms.

I don't know the exact, but appx. $125 each.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
do a search on the Group Purchase forum here for these and Nick Mahler. He's done a few GP's and his prices are the best. On the last GP these were $121.25 each plus shipping and all the other crap. They'll likely be a bit higher unless you can get another GP going, but considering he's done 2 in recent memory, you might not get enough people.

I LOVE these new shocks
Easy to adjust and they look great. I just wish the rear ones would've come with some way to connect to the axle. :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts