Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dose anybody happen to know how I can make my trunk lid stop squeaking when it opens? It only works quietly when it's rained outside, other than that, it sounds like somthing you'd put in out to scare the children at halloween. :D

·
Registered
7,986 Posts
It could be the rods rubbing or maybe the hinges. First determine where the issue is and then use WD or some lithium grease. I prefer LG on things like hinges.

Maybe remove one of the adjuster rods and slowly work the trunk til you find the area of the noise.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice :) I've already tried liberal amounts of WD-40 on the hinges, so I know that dosen't work :)

·
Registered
10,948 Posts
I fixed mine for a little time by using lithium grease, however it comes back time to time. I just live with it, I kind of like the noise. cwm2 Halloween trunk is also a hilarious title.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:) I could just put a scary glowing pumpkin in at Halloween and it would be one :) Seriously, that sound is creepy lol Just use the remote to pop it when someone walks by. :D

·
Registered
10,948 Posts
It way more irritating when a car door makes that creek than a trunk! cwm2
Oh yea now That I remember, I think a can of dry lubricant lasted longer than white lithium. It did not make a mess either. The torsion rods got more of a douse.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts