Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

Handling improvements

373 views 9 replies 0 participants last post by  Highway Superstar 
G
#1 ·
Yes i searched... like always... but alas i couldnt find it. I am looking for some people to post what they have done to their cars to make them handle well. Im realling hoping to hear from the autocrossers. I want it to handel like a sports car. All right experts wow me

Brian

See less See more
G
#4 ·
Here's my set-up:
Bilstien on all 4 (stiff)
Eibach springs (1/2 coil cut up front)
BMR rear arms
Rustic Racing Tubular front arms
PST front bar
PST polygraphite bushings (front end)
HO rear bar
Kuhmo V700 and Hoosier R3S04
(the rubber makes a HUGE difference)

G
#6 ·
Well I already have the impala 17's on it so im good there. I dont want to lower the car too much (i know i cant have both) I want to find a happy middle ground. It doesnt have to be the best but i dont want it to feel like a total land boat.

Brian

G
#7 ·
Originally posted by Rustic:
Here's my set-up:
Bilstien on all 4 (stiff)
Eibach springs (1/2 coil cut up front)
BMR rear arms
Rustic Racing Tubular front arms
PST front bar
PST polygraphite bushings (front end)
HO rear bar
Kuhmo V700 and Hoosier R3S04
(the rubber makes a HUGE difference)
how much did all those run you total?

G
#9 ·
Everything stock except for Torsen T2, ZQ8s, Airlifts, Monroe SS shocks, and Spindle Extenders. The car is almost neutral and retains the comfy ride of a stocker. I need one more thing to complete it and make the spindle extenders a little more digestable, and that is a tubular upper A-Arm with a different mount angle.

I've got extensive posts on everything I've mentioned.

G
#10 ·
If it's helpful to you, I have what some would call the vintage Herb Adams rear bar, F-body front bar (by performance parts warehouse) setup. What further enhances the handling is the above listed in conjuction with the GM body bushing mod, Bilstein shocks (0929 & 1104), Metco rear lower control arms, 9C1 heavy duty springs all the way around and air bags in the rear by Airlift. I also have the front A-Arm mod with the 5/8 ball joints. I found this mod extremely helpful considering the streets of New York are pretty sh***y. The end result is an extremely confident handle without loss of comfort. Many praises to Scott for this mod, I followed it to the letter and I'm very happy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.