Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone post a pic of their hardtop's rear window? I need to find a trim piece now that I have taken off my cloth top.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've seen this before all you need is a little fill panel that comes on all the hard tops head to a junkyard and I believe it's like 4 or 5 screws. All of my Roadmaster have been hard tops except my current one which has the quarter laundau top. I would love to just remove mine however my car the rare yellow and finding a yellow filler panel will be extremely difficult LOL.

it should be the same for a Fleetwood all though i can see how that would be harder to find

·
Registered
8,053 Posts
I've seen this before all you need is a little fill panel that comes on all the hard tops head to a junkyard and I believe it's like 4 or 5 screws. ........

it should be the same for a Fleetwood all though i can see how that would be harder to find
Vinyl-delete Fleetwoods have the rear glass with permanently attached surround molding top and sides, and an equally permanent attached rubber flap that drains to the trunk ditch.

All those spackle blobs look strange. FWB vinyl pulls off clean and leaves a perfectly painted surface. Except for numerous holes around the glass. And bondo slathered in the sail panel joints.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This was an aftermarket simulation top. I believe the dealer would have these installed en masse, while the vinyl tops were from the factory. This one had 5 or 6 rivets across the front by the windshield and then 5 screws on each c pillar. There is still the trim on the trunk and windows, which is all screws. Never took the vinyl off my FWB's but wanted to, but I knew about the window trim and never came across any. I wasnt sure what I would find underneath. The top had some bumpy spots so I was expecting some rust, turned out a lot better than I expected.

Vinyl-delete Fleetwoods have the rear glass with permanently attached surround molding top and sides, and an equally permanent attached rubber flap that drains to the trunk ditch.

All those spackle blobs look strange. FWB vinyl pulls off clean and leaves a perfectly painted surface. Except for numerous holes around the glass. And bondo slathered in the sail panel joints.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts