Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had to replace the grill on my 96 SS and need mounting hardware for the grill - does anyone know what the size and description of the sheet metal nuts are that go onto the prongs on the back of the grill? Can I buy those at a local hardware store?

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
id like to know also, i bought an aftermarket for my wagon i know there metric but would like to know what size.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
no one knows?

come on guys when some one has the chance can you pop the hood and see what size it is and give us the info.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Idk the part number or size but I did purchase mine at ACE hardware. They are available in stainless steel or chrome. You may want to give them a try. Thanks.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay - I got someone to let me take pieces off their grill and took them to a store to match up.

Here's the scoop:

There are 3 "thread cutting nuts" along the bottom of the grill. that are 1/4" stud size (I picked up a pack of 10 for $4 at a body/paint store .

There are 2 nuts/washers on the top at both ends. They are 6mm nuts.

There are 2 screws that mate with 2 "U clip" retainers (look to be about a #6 in size (not positive on this one, just a guess). These are on the top toward the center of the grill.

I hope that helps. And I hope it prevents everyone else from having to beg someone to let you take their grill apart to find out!

I can't believe no one on the forum had this info already for us???

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.