Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, I'm Back........sorry. Anyways, does anyone have a stock harmonic balancer for a B-Body LT1? I have a Superdamper on there but the belt seems to want to "walk" and it's tearing belts up. I don't know if I've confused hubs or what but I need a stock balancer to throw on there and make sure that it's the problem. I've got all kinds of balancers and parts for F Bodies but none for the old Imp.

The ATI may not be going all the way in, it may be wrong....I dunno but a stock one will be the fastest way to troubleshoot it. I just need to "rent" one, borrow one or yes, even buy one. I don't have a lot of time to play with it right now and just want something quick.

Whatcha got? Thanks in advance.

Hello BK. Are you still alive? Need some more "apple pie shine?" It's good to be back home.

·
Premium Member
1,267 Posts
Year caprice / impala?

The 96 is slightly shorter to account for the cps reluctor?
Do you possibly have a corvette balancer ?
If you do you need to space out your accessories , Karl ellwein used to sell those spacers that I believe we're 14 mm machined spacers
I have a near mint 94-95 hub but no balancer if that's what you need
Post more info and someone will likely be able to help

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks but I guess I'll need the hub and balancer....unless the ATI balancer will bolt up to the Impala hub, but I wouldn't think so.

·
Registered
231 Posts
The. Ati uses 6 bolts and the factory uses 3. They wont interchange. And the ati is for both 94-5 and 96. It comes with a spacer to take up for the crank reluctor when used on a 94-5. What year is your engine?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts