1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
20,353 Posts
This is another varient of a 'high performance' replacement for the stock unit. These types have been around for YEARS!

For the 'gains' that it'd offer......I wouldn't pony up the $200+.

But that's just me.

KW

·
Premium Member
3,801 Posts
looks pretty interesting.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
My problem with this is the test was done on straight tube
but they are selling tube with bends in it.

So...air flow will be different.

NO SALE....
-ALF out...

·
Registered
6,443 Posts
This is another varient of a 'high performance' replacement for the stock unit. These types have been around for YEARS!

But that's just me.

KW

$200 my ass...........

I dont have an LT1 but if I did itd be PVC pipe all day long.

·
Premium Member
20,353 Posts

·
Registered
6,949 Posts
Get a nice cone of your choice and some PVC... if you're gonna spend over $200 get a RAISS.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)

But that's just me.

KW
yeah it just caught my attention, n havent seen any one with it in their imps or anything

Get a nice cone of your choice and some PVC... if you're gonna spend over $200 get a RAISS.
thats what i was thinking of going with, what are some sites with good prices that sell RAISS intakes

·
Registered
826 Posts
As much as I would like to completetly agree with all of the above posts, I have to mention that just using the pvc (which I rocked for a while on my old wagon and on my caprice: now I'm using a 3.5" intake tube that was given to me by a forum member) will still leave the stock elbow with ridges in it and a need for either the 1LE elbow or a hockey puck: or in my case a shirt pin.
With the intake shown in the OP's link, there is a bend, but no different than the stock intake setup when using pvc except that its a nice smooth bed eliminate the ridges that would normally be left in the stock elbow.

However, I do mostly agree with all that was said above, for $200, you could make your own or save for the RAISS. Me personally, I am waiting for my brother to have the time to fab us up some homemade RAISS/Rammit intakes (his idea)

·
Premium Member
20,353 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Weapon R intakes are overpriced import junk. I should know, i used to sell them on eBay, LOL... I sold lots of different intake brands and was an authorized re-seller for Bomz Racing too, which makes those cheaper K&N looking conical filters and intake systems. They're all cheap aluminum and the filter elements are cheap as well and get dirtier way faster than a quality (K&N) air filter.

Stick with quality names in Air Induction... K&N, AEM, Airforce One, RAISS, etc.

And stay away from the cheap fake chrome/cheap filter air intakes on eBay. Same goes for the Spectre intakes and filters sold at PepBoys and AutoZone, etc.

·
Registered
6,443 Posts
Weapon R intakes are overpriced import junk. I should know, i used to sell them on eBay, LOL... I sold lots of different intake brands and was an authorized re-seller for Bomz Racing too, which makes those cheaper K&N looking conical filters and intake systems. They're all cheap aluminum and the filter elements are cheap as well and get dirtier way faster than a quality (K&N) air filter.

Stick with quality names in Air Induction... K&N, AEM, Airforce One, RAISS, etc.

And stay away from the cheap fake chrome/cheap filter air intakes on eBay. Same goes for the Spectre intakes and filters sold at PepBoys and AutoZone, etc.
I like the spectre intakes, but I wouldnt use the filter.

·
Registered
734 Posts
for right know i have the crome air intake of ebay and its iight hasnet given me a problem.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I built my own ram air system but I know most people aren't looking for something that involved. I honestly don't believe that ANY of the expensive intakes are worth their asking price. Yes, some are made better than others but overall I would have to say they're all over priced.

Spend the money on the filter element if you're looking for an oil impregnated/cotton filter and get a K&N. The benefits of a cotton filter over plain old paper have been debated though and filters like K&N aren't the slam dunk win most people would believe especially when you factor in the fact that most people don't clean them as often as they're supposed to. After looking at the real numbers, I decided to stick with a paper filter for my ram air system. The K&N just wasn't worth the added expense and hassle.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts