Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been wanting to do this swap for some time now . I have a set of power doors and i wanna swap the complete door set up . I even have a power harness . some say remove all door internals . Some say swap doors . What is easier and works ?

·
Registered
488 Posts
Swapping doors

I changed out the whole doors on my 94 wrecked wagon, partly because the doors were damaged in the accident, and partly because i wanted the 95 doors from my parts car. If you're doors are not the same color, you are going to have to cut in the back side before you install. Also is alot easier if you have the front fenders off. I would say if the doors are not the same color, it would be easier to just change out the guts. Don't believe your harness is going to just plug in under the dash either. I went from manual seats to power, had a harness, but the plug under the dash is different, i just wired in my power wire to make it work, also changed from manual mirrors to power.

http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=237761

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I changed out the whole doors on my 94 wrecked wagon, partly because the doors were damaged in the accident, and partly because i wanted the 95 doors from my parts car. If you're doors are not the same color, you are going to have to cut in the back side before you install. Also is alot easier if you have the front fenders off. I would say if the doors are not the same color, it would be easier to just change out the guts. Don't believe your harness is going to just plug in under the dash either. I went from manual seats to power, had a harness, but the plug under the dash is different, i just wired in my power wire to make it work, also changed from manual mirrors to power.

http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=237761
See I have power mirrors already and what do you mean by cut behind doors ?

·
Registered
488 Posts
You got to paint the back side of the doors if they are not the same color, lot easier to do with the doors off.

·
Registered
4,911 Posts
i remember memphis saying he paid a pretty penny for it but he said it was well worth it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts