Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has installed them and or had any problems with them not fitting or cracking?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ttt

I never got a response and now I have all my other body peices. so if anybody knows about this I would like some info.

thanks
in advance
bob

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bob... I installed my rook rack kit about a year ago. They needed alot of finess'n from my body shop buddy. A couple of the screw holes were a bit off. At the rear of the pieces were they fit against the factory horizontal trim piece we had to add some glass to make the pieces look stock, there were some gaps. But even with the holes that we had to make & the extra glass laid there is no cracking what-so-ever. The pieces are pretty thin & fragile. Good Luck

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a roof rack removal kit from mooneyes for sale (75.00 OBO). I decided to weld up mine! :eek:

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine was originally done using the screw holes but it didn't look very good, IMO. Last year, I had the screw holes filled and the pieces are now basically glued down.

One of my pieces developed a crack somewhere along the line (prior to last years work) but my body guy was able to deal with it.

I wanted to weld up my roof but the cost made me keep the Mooneyes pieces.

I'd say the reason you didn't get any response back in January is you posted in the wrong place. Most of the wagon guys don't look here. I only caught it because I was looking through active messages.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts