Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy everyone, I have a 96 impala that I plan on throwing in a built 03/04 tranny out of a Silverado. So far I have also gotten a reinforced input shaft, bellhousing, and stator support designed to fit to the lt1, and an adapter to allow me to bolt the old tail housing on to maintain the factory mount. I am prepared to do whatever it takes to make that damn thing fit; I am curious if anyone else has done this before, or if I am sailing into uncharted territory. So far it looks like all the dimensions line up well, but I have not found any articles that really make mention of this kind of swap. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
7,605 Posts
The problem is how are you going to program PCM to operate it?
1995 was a stand alone year (trans.wise)...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thankfully it's a 96 not a 95, console shifter and all. Unless the 96s are also subject to that issue too. I'm hoping there is little to no difference electrical wise from 96 up.

·
Registered
7,605 Posts
Have no idea ,good luck....

·
Registered
1995 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham
2,305 Posts
I am prepared to do whatever it takes to make that damn thing fit
Why? Just use a 4L80E.

Can you explain?

I know that 95 was a standalone year, but I'm not sure what you're getting at as far as tuning.

·
Registered
7,605 Posts
I misspoke... Poster has a '96 ,and not a '95....

·
Super Moderator
9,171 Posts
If you're talking about using a 4L60E, I think you're 80% there. Keep up the good work, and you should be fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts