·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Much better look....

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Looking good. I'd like to see a side shot from a distance.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Probably have one really soon.

·
Registered
141 Posts
emblems

where did you find the buick emblems for the wheel centers?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
where did you find the buick emblems for the wheel centers?
These are custom made by one of the members of this forum.

They are vinyl graphic overlays that go right over the OE emblems. The emblems must be on the center for them to work properly. He has made many overlays for the Impala SS wheels, and I won't use anyone else. Here's a close up of one of my wheels....

He made a graphic overlay for my trunk lock cover that turned out superb. However, 24 hours later I got a brand new one for free so I swapped it out. The pic is below.....

Look for username MaximuSS. He does excellent work at a great price!!

·
Premium Member
2,755 Posts
I like. I'd have stuck more tire on 'em but that's just me.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I like. I'd have stuck more tire on 'em but that's just me.
I feel you, but on the rear I would had to cut the outer fender. My middle finger gets stuck between the fender and tire, that's how close it is. :)

·
Premium Member
2,755 Posts
Yeah, I'm going to get into that same sort of ugly with the FWB. I already trimmed the skirt latches. I'll have to try and center up the rear side to side with the tires and widened SS rims I end up with but, even then, the skirts are going to have to be hacked.

Anyway, yours turned out slick and they aren't going to be something on every other one you see which is always a good thing. Good work.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, I'm going to get into that same sort of ugly with the FWB. I already trimmed the skirt latches. I'll have to try and center up the rear side to side with the tires and widened SS rims I end up with but, even then, the skirts are going to have to be hacked.

Anyway, yours turned out slick and they aren't going to be something on every other one you see which is always a good thing. Good work.
Sounds interesting, you'll have to post some pics.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
They are Chevy 5-lug pickup truck center caps from a '92-98 model. I lucked out and found a set of 15 year-old take-offs caps and rings for $50.

You'll need S-10 double threaded lug nuts and 97-02 Camaro/Corvette lugnut covers to hold the caps on.

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
Looks good. I like the color match.

·
Registered
375 Posts

Hello, can you please tell me how you got those center caps to work? I tried the nut covers for the car lug nuts and they fall through the center caps. I love the look and I happen to have a set of these wheels but really don't like the bolt on centers.

·
Registered
375 Posts
They are Chevy 5-lug pickup truck center caps from a '92-98 model. I lucked out and found a set of 15 year-old take-offs caps and rings for $50.

You'll need S-10 double threaded lug nuts and 97-02 Camaro/Corvette lugnut covers to hold the caps on.
OK great. I'll try it. I got the parts store lug nut covers and they just fell through.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Registered
707 Posts
Looks really good,

I used these emblems off of a newer Regal. I had to cut the backs off them and put some double sided tape on them but they fit the cap really nice. Also the emblem fit in the trunk lock cover plate real nice too.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts