Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some pics of our Hawaii Impala Club---ISSOAH
We are pretty small and pretty damn diverse group, but still have a ton of fun. This is from a recent cruise, ill update this with other pics as time goes by

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Nice pic's!! Beautiful cars & scenery. Any wagons out on the Islands?? :D

·
Premium Member
6,397 Posts
Some pics of our Hawaii Impala Club---ISSOAH
We are pretty small and pretty damn diverse group, but still have a ton of fun. This is from a recent cruise, ill update this with other pics as time goes by
Nice, D. Makin' me homesick.....

Was that group shot taken on the road leading into Punchbowl--or somewhere else?

ISSOAH Founders
Don Tsuji - keeper of the flame
Darryl Lum - creator of the SSRI aka Stealth Ram Intake
Bill Harper - lucky haole with an SS doing 5 years with USN on Oahu (93-98)

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There are wagons, but they usually dont come and hang out. I just did a CIA tubular manifold install on a members 94 roadmaster wagon.

Bill, that road is Tantlus. Its just off the Pali hwy and one of the curviest roads on the island...

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
Great pics!!!

·
Premium Member
6,397 Posts
...that road is Tantlus. Its just off the Pali hwy and one of the curviest roads on the island...
I was actually going to mention Tantalus as second guess--I just didn't remember that particular spot, and the closest I could get was the road into Punchbowl, but I think it's a bit closer to downtown--Tantalus is a bit higher and further mauka.

BTW, enjoying another look at Oahu by way of the re-do of Hawaii 5-0 (as opposed to Five-O) regardless of what the purists and locals think of how the new show reflects on reality or smashes the image set by the original show & cast.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ya know believe it or not, i havent watched one episode of the new hawaii 5-0...

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea Bill, quite often me and Don will get to talking over some beers and you come up and how things were back in the day with ISSOAH.
We have been getting more and more active with little car shows, cruises and wrenching on the weekends...alot of this is due to my car being a PITA and everyone else knowing they can call me to come over and get greasy...

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I now stand corrected...808SS just sold his 95 imp and bought a 93 caprice wagon-5 inch lift and 24" blades. (barf)
But it will soon be down to normal people height and riding on some different wheels.
More pics this weekend

·
Registered
3 Posts
with regard to the Hawaii 5-0 thing, i met one of the actors and one of the writers. There was one scene in an earlier episode where chin ho was riding in the back of the camaro on the way to a perps location. imagine how 'graceful' chin ho looked clambering out of the back seat, not to mention how impractical it was.

i 'suggested' to them that they might consider using one of our cars instead. it is still a GM. (they apparently have some deal with GM to use their cars.) a B-body would be more pratical and look a lot more bad _$$ than that silver thing they use now.

anyone want to start petioning them?

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
se7100? name please.
Yes the wagon is lowered on 20's. i only had it for 16 hours and she went under the knife =-). my 6 year old wouldnt even ride in the car. kind of reminds me of that toyota cammercial

·
Registered
24 Posts
is the club still going strong. would love to come out and see all the cars any get 2gethers any time soon.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts