Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm contemplating getting long tube headers. Where I live, the only law is that 1991 and newer cars must have cats. I've deleted the smog pump & piping, so I assume that this allows for more header options that will fit. What body & year car headers will fit the LT1 B? At some point in the future I'd like to go turbo and/or LS motor, so not looking for something that'll last forever.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If/when I have the $, I'll definitely get the CIA tri Y's.
Anyone know if the flowtech 11100 / hooker 2451 will fit (assuming cats are reworked/moved)?

·
Registered
1,718 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,934 Posts
Big Jack, because you have a wagon with its boxed frame, it is very easy to modify a 68-72 GM "A" body cross member to fit.

Basically cut the ends off, weld on pieces of angle to sit on frame.

Doing this allows you enough length on both sides that you can mod the OE cats to sit beside the trans.

Mine was this way when it had an LT1.

Still use the cross member , just different cats with the LS

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Big Jack, because you have a wagon with its boxed frame, it is very easy to modify a 68-72 GM "A" body cross member to fit.

Basically cut the ends off, weld on pieces of angle to sit on frame.

Doing this allows you enough length on both sides that you can mod the OE cats to sit beside the trans.

Mine was this way when it had an LT1.

Still use the cross member , just different cats with the LS
Hi Gerry, what model headers did you have with the LT1?
Do you know if flowtech 43000/ hooker 7514 (listed applications are 80s B&G bodies & 70s F body) would fit with a modified A body cross member?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts