Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,329 Posts
You'd get more replies in the exhaust section. :)

BTW, I never had those, and I can't see the passenger side one in the link, but you may have to modify your ABS and A/C lines to make them fit. Just guessing though.

·
Premium Member
20,353 Posts
.....and I was wondering if they would fit on our cars... and bolt right up to the stock cats and everything......
Slack,

I'll give you a hint.......the manufacturer recomends these truck headers for several Chevy truck (GM) products......but not for Chevy B-bodies ;) .

KW

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry, totally forgot about the exhaust section... first thing that came to my head was performance....

KW, I realize it suggests trucks and stuff, but my question is has anyone had these before and does anyone think Ill have a problem with them since they have O ports and our heads are D ports, correct me if I'm wrong?

my question still remains.. does anyone think I'll have problems with them?
I'm only considering them because I can pick them up right now brand new, never used for 30 dollars.

btw, if you can.. please move this to the exhaust section.

·
Premium Member
2,705 Posts
slackskillz said:
my question still remains.. does anyone think I'll have problems with them?

Hell yes! Remember the truck frame is wider than the Imp frame, the stock mid-pipes won't work either.

But if you got them real cheap, make sure you leave down time for the Imp because it looks like you will need it. You need to make custom pipes to fit the headers to the catback.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
DING DING we have a winner ,

The iron head on the "B" "D" body is not D port.
Then what are they? Sorry if this is a dumb question.. this is the first time I've ever messed with headers or exhaust..other than mufflers...

I guess I'll pass on those headers if you all think I'll have a bunch of problems, but I would like the correct info so I can look for some...

·
Registered
546 Posts
LT1 exhaust port:

LT1 exhaust manifold:

clearer now?

·
Registered
7,024 Posts
Yes, thank you. I'm going to pass on these ones and get some hookers (headers) :)
Yeah skip the Pace Setters and get some Hookers. Then go get the Clear Image Headers. Then you wont have to phuck around with fitment issues.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I would get the clear image, but when I was looking at their website this morning, I didnt notice that any of them were carb legal.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts