Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm sure my manifolds are coming to their end and would like to know if headers would be a better replacement than manifolds. I read the list on the other thread and I've asked Dan at Clear Image. He does a layaway plan which is good but wonder if something like dynomax headers will do. I'm looking into long tube headers or the tri-y's from dan. Please put price and where to get them. Thanks

·
Premium Member
20,353 Posts
.......but wonder if something like dynomax headers will do......
Perhaps......but IIRC, you will not be able to use cats......and will have to get some extension pipes to reach to the rest of the exhaust.

KW

·
Registered
654 Posts
So I'm sure my manifolds are coming to their end and would like to know if headers would be a better replacement than manifolds. I read the list on the other thread and I've asked Dan at Clear Image. He does a layaway plan which is good but wonder if something like dynomax headers will do. I'm looking into long tube headers or the tri-y's from dan. Please put price and where to get them. Thanks
trust me...spend the money and get the tri y from dan. i got mines in the mail friday and let me tell u they are WELL worth the money spent. not to mention that you will see a increase in performance with them. if your stockers are taking a crap, i have a set that i will sell u if u interested for real cheap that will keep you going until u get the tri y. dan himself told me that the longubes are a waste of money unless you have one of two things: a big block, or over 500 hp. if you dont have either of those then the tri y are your very best option.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
if your stockers are taking a crap, i have a set that i will sell u if u interested for real cheap that will keep you going until u get the tri y.
about how much?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts