Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried Summits (SUM-G9001)Headers On a 305 Caprice. I've got a 92, 305 that I want to try these headers on. Also if anyone knows of any other headers that will fit this car.
My Web Site

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
you might try some 3rd gen camaro headers...lots of them had 305's.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any header that works for the B-Body LT1 will also work with the TBI cars (both the shorties and the longtubes).

I believe that there is a cheap Dynomax (or maybe it's Hooker) long tube that will work in the B-Body with a little persuasion. Do a search here on the forums and you'll find it.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Look in the EXHAUST section, i just posted the info about the Dynomax 85001 and 86001 LONG! tubes headers.
Good luck

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got these headers today and installed them 5 hours later. Just to let eveyone know these headers from summit fit perfectly without any modifications

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can u get those headers with the ceramic coating from summit? and how is that black stuff that comes on them...i heard its not high temp paint, its just rust prohibitor. ive been looking for headers for a while and never saw them in there.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Impalawannabe:
Can u get those headers with the ceramic coating from summit? and how is that black stuff that comes on them...i heard its not high temp paint, its just rust prohibitor. ive been looking for headers for a while and never saw them in there.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Ceramic coated Headers are (SUM-G9001-9)$174.39.
The Uncoated Headers are (SUM-G9001) $79.50 It looks to me like a High temperature primer coat. It just flakes off if you scratch it. I'm sure you could always paint them. The headers dont get very hot and they cool quickly.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so those headers do fit on a 305 tbi with no modifications needed. please tell me it's true.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BBODYLTZN:
so those headers do fit on a 305 tbi with no modifications needed. please tell me it's true.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes They will fit without any modifications, You'll have to modify the crossmember in order to fit the an exhaust on that side of the car. The headers fit a little tight on the drivers side. I will be posting pics on my site soon.
<p>web page<P>

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so how does your caprice run now with the headers do you notice a differance in performance?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It definitly has more horsepower, You can actually feal the car jerk forward when you step on the gas. I haven't installed my full exhaust system yet, right now I've got glasspacks coming off both headers, way too loud. Winter is coming so i'll hold off till spring. I'm going with the flowmaster catback.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BBODYLTZN:
did you put the 94-96 trans crossmember on ?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No I didn't change the crossmember. I dont know which is easier to modify the old one, or to change it out to the 94-96 crossmember. I heard you also have to change the tailshaft on the transmission. Right now I've got the glasspack under the crossmember. Please let me know if you have any suggestions on this topic. I've got a welder So I'll probably try to modify the original one.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts