Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been thinking about replacing my stock capsules with something like these....
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/91-9...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

....has anyon4 used these and what do you think of them? I'm guessing light output might be better with stock bulbs. Is that the case? Also how long have you had them and do they seem to be holding up pretty well and not discoloring or yellowing? If I decide to upgrade to an HID setup, will the bulbs work in these lights and provide better lighting? I bought a replacement lamp from a similar company for my kids 99 Grand Am and don't think it is very good quality.

For $120 the price looks good, just not sure of quality and if they provide more light since the lens is clear.

Thanks for your thoughts.

·
Registered
137 Posts
the streetrendz lights have and reflector type thing inside also as the ones on ebay dont

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
I have been thinking about replacing my stock capsules with something like these....For $120 the price looks good, just not sure of quality and if they provide more light since the lens is clear.
Without having a set to test personally and I'm not sure I want to spend money on them to perform like I believe they will. The parabola reflectors at first glance look like the focal point is too close to the back of the reflector until I looked at the top and bottom angles and it appears that this housing has approximately a 1 inch deep focal point . . in other words the capsule doesn't care what bulb you install, it has a section of reflector that will focus just fine!(hehehe) However, that also means you have no control over everywhere else the light is going. The best thing going for it is that the lenses are clear.

If someone would stick a pair of Autoram 80/100 and either of Gary's Headlight Harness, it just might overcome the major problem with the stock T83 Headlight Capsule - Low Beams and High Beams do not have proper focal points

·
Registered
7,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info/links.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts