Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should I get the covers from streetrends or get them tinted by lil ron? Id rather have whatever lets out the most light... I could always just take off covers at night (dont really want to though) so thats why Im leaning toward the covers....I ordered my 8k HIDs from snakey, so my light output will be much higher.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Spray a light coat or two of Niteshade followed by some clear and some buffing/wetsanding. As soon as my HIDs from Snakey get here - which I am patiently waiting for- I'm going to do just that.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Here is a set of headlights i did, the cell phone pics dont do them justice. they were WET.
Also sanded off the alignment pins or whatever you want to call them. No pics of them on the car as they were for a friend.

Bottom is before finally buffing

·
Registered
569 Posts
When you clear over the lenses, don't use duplicolor. It won't survive a 50+ mph bug splatter.
That stuff is nearly as soft as bologna that's been left out for a while.

See if a paint and body supply store can mix some high quality, catylized clear and can it.

Try the process on some junk lenses, to see if the paints accept eachother.
And don't forget to use a wax and grease remover before you start Your first sanding session.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
When you clear over the lenses, don't use duplicolor. It won't survive a 50+ mph bug splatter.
That stuff is nearly as soft as bologna that's been left out for a while.

See if a paint and body supply store can mix some high quality, catylized clear and can it.

Try the process on some junk lenses, to see if the paints accept eachother.
And don't forget to use a wax and grease remover before you start Your first sanding session.
good advice, i nearly forgot bout that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.