Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got a Fleetwood after years of searching for the right one.

Just bought a really clean 94' FWB in DGGM with sunroof. I am in love with this car already!

The only real cosmetic issue with the car is the cracked headlights.
Does anyone make plastic or aftermarket housings? I would love to do a projector retrofit for HIDs.

How rare is DGGM on a Fleetwood? I haven't seen any other ones around locally, most are black, white, burgundy and dark blue.

I'm sure I will have more questions.

I think this car will stay on stock suspension since it rides so nice, one of my other rides is a 92' Roadmaster Wagon dropped 3/4" on 22's.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,866 Posts
Congrats on the find! Your green is not rare by any stretch. But snagging an unmolested last-gen FWB in good cond. for reasonable price is getting rarer.

Changing those dam fluted glass headlights has been discussed before, and no plastic replacements undertaken by anyone to date. There's been discussion also on myriad SUV replacement pots, but again no favorable mods seen as yet. I've just resigned to Silverstars and moved on.

Thank you for not threatening 22s on it. ;) Per my sig mine has all SS suspension guts and man it scoots around quite nicely for such a heavy tub. At the very least you may want to entertain replacing the sucky oem airshocks with better dampening real shock absorbers and Airlift bladders. Search details how to connect them to a functioning leveler air compressor.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response 96 Black.

These are definitely a difficult find out in my area. I drove a couple hours to look at 2 of them a couple years back. It was a older guy that had a dark blue and a burgundy one. He wanted too much and the cars were only in ok condition. I think he wanted $5000 for the burgundy one with higher mileage and $7000 for the lower mileage blue one.

I scored this one for $2800 and saved it from being turned into a lowrider. The couple I bought it from had already out 14" Daytons on it and if they couldn't sell it to buy a Monte Carlo they wanted it was going to get hydros.cwm8

1 - 4 of 4 Posts