Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My lights in my 1996 caprice won't turn on when I open the front doors but they turn on when I open the back? What could this be, possibly a blown fuse?

:confused:

·
Registered
203 Posts
could be a wiring issue to the dome light switch located at the front of the doors, dont know the name of it, or the switch itself not popping out, press them and see if they move in and out

·
Registered
581 Posts
The door light plunger switches are either missing or disconnected. Real common issue so the dome light stays off when the door is opened, supposedly a safety measure at night when cops are in the car. Easy enough to hook back up, just may have to buy a couple switches if they are missing. - Peter

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
could be a wiring issue to the dome light switch located at the front of the doors, dont know the name of it, or the switch itself not popping out, press them and see if they move in and out
Yeah the switches are still there, and they pop in and out fine.

·
Registered
11,474 Posts
Check to see if they are hooked up. The only reason the fronts will not work and the rears will is the connection when you open the front door. Both switches may be broken. You can test them by taking the wires off and touching them together. The switches are very inexpensive. You have to take the carpeted kick panels off to get to them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts