Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am on what you might call a limited budget, it's called a wife. Just kidding, she has been awesome while building this car.

Anyway, I am looking at the Power Acoustik or the farenhiet (the same company) 5 inch monitors. Anyone running these? Pro's and cons?

I'm not going into a monitor comp or anything, just wanted to throw some monitors in there for the kids and me when I get booted out the damn house for this project.....LOL!

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Good quality for the price. I have installed a few, and can say that they are better than most in their price range.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have 2 5" in my sunvisors. Man, for the cost you can't beat the picture quality. But for the headrests I would go with 7".

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
7"??? I can't see anything but a 5 inch fitting in the headrest, do you have pics of a 7" in a caprice or impala headrest?

Thanks

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have 5 inch monitors in my headrests. I can offer you a very good deal on a set of your choice in size headrest monitors, dvd player w/tuner, wireless fm modulator, and free alarm. The brand is TRC. You can check out their site at www.trc12volt.com

The dvd player is part # AV-XD200
FM modulator is part # AV-RFM3

The package deal for my flip down monitors comes with above plus wireless hedphones.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not sure how much you are willing to spend, but these are going to be the best 5.8" monitors on the market. Killer pic quality and awesome off-axis viewing, plus they are widesreeen format which helps in our rectangular shaped headrests. I think they retail for about $399/each.

Alpine TME-M580

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Southern Comfort,

What are we talking about for two 5 inch monitors? what are the resolution? I don't need the DVD, I am going with a PS2, I just want the monitors for now. You can e-mail me of post.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the 7 inch will fit i used to have them in my 95 the 5 will also fit but i would at least get the 5.6 or the 6 inch i can also get you a great deal on any of these tv's farenhiet or power ackoustic 561-965-6366 ask for jason

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Southern Comfort,

what kind of price are you talking about?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Talk to us 9c1 2 Beat, what kind of price you talking??

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i really don't like talking money on the forum (don't want to step on anyone's toes) but you got my number and i know i am the best prices (legit that is) :rolleyes:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts