Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 93 fleetwood and the headrests were just very uncomfortable felt like they were jabbing into the back of my neck so I flipped them around but now I feel like I'm going to get major whip lash in an accident... wondering if anyone else has flipped them or found a way to make it normal and not so intrusive to the driver? anyone ever flip them and get in an accident? Thanks

·
Registered
523 Posts
I assume you tried adjusting them, they are articulating headrests.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how do you adjust them? I tried with no luck i think I read somewhere only lt1 models have the adjusting head rests

·
Registered
523 Posts
That's possible. Better start hitting the junk yards and look for a set. What color interior?

·
Registered
523 Posts
Actually it may be only broughams that have the articulating headrests.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I may have a set from a brougham (94). Ill have to check. Let me know if you're interested and if so where you live and ill give you a price.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I will try and check tonight. If I have time I will get pics on here. But I am packing to go to Gatlinburg tomorrow to get married this weekend so it may not be until Monday.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Just bought a 93 fleetwood and the headrests were just very uncomfortable felt like they were jabbing into the back of my neck
-----------------------------

I've been meaning to post about this--glad you did! The stock headrests on my 95 FWB drive me crazy. The seats are great, but the headrests push my head forward. Worst of all, when I raise them a little to reduce that , the cushion ends up pushing against my neck muscle, which doesn't feel very good after awhile. After a couple of hours of driving I have to periodically lean forward and arch my head backward to relieve the pain.

I can't stand most newer cars because they do the same thing. My guess is that it was intended to reduce whiplash, but I sure prefer the older 80s-style GM headrests that didn't stick forward of the plane of the seatback. For me, those were perfect.

I need to find an upholstery shop that can get rid of maybe 1.5 inches on the front of the headrests, unless somebody can ID a swap!

·
Registered
523 Posts
Well, the 95 ones tilt back and forth but the farthest back position still jams the head forward.
When I get back home Sunday ill try and get some pics on here showing the positions of the headrests.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts