Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Every now and then I look around the interwebs for later ('95-'96) style doors with the updated mirrors, and I actually came across a good pair in the same color. Except they're on a hearse. Anybody know if the doors are still exactly the same? Or was anything different about them that wouldn't work? I've been in touch with the guy that has them, and almost have everything lined up to pull the trigger on them, but wanted to be sure I won't run into any weird issues coming from a commercial chassis car.

Premium Member
9BQ is the hearse prep option.
It shows up in the parts book where there are differences.
In the door section, the is no "with or "except" 9BQ

I should add this is from the B body book, not a "D"

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
They looked identical in the all the pictures, except the interior panels are a different color, so I'll just swap mine on. I have to deal with freight shipping to get them, so I have to figure that out, but I think I'll go ahead and get them and cross that mod off my list.

Registered
There are a few difference Fleetwood hearse conversions in the wild. You would need to make sure the doors are off of one of the conversions that retains the curved window frame. Some straighten it out.

Registered
If you are putting the doors in a Caprice, they will have holes in them for the stainless trim retainers. You will be fixing the holes to use them on the Caprice. The doors from a Caprice will not have the holes. If you are putting them on a Fleetwood you should be good to go. For a Caprice you will also have to remove the top interior mounts, and install the arm rest support. The nylon "nuts" for the pull strap may be placed differently too.

There is a nice Caprice driver's side door in the local yard here in FL.

Registered
You have to be careful. hearses are made by coach builders and each do things differently. The 94-96 Superior hearses have a commercial windshield, but not like they used to do in making it taller. They actually leaned the A pillars out so that the top of the windshield is 6 inches wider at the top. So I would be the door have been tweaked as well. If it is a Federal like mine the front doors are stock Cadillac items.

Registered
9BQ is the hearse prep option.
It shows up in the parts book where there are differences.
In the door section, the is no "with or "except" 9BQ

I should add this is from the B body book, not a "D"
There is a problem with hearses and RPO codes. The damn stickers are no where to be found. The sticker is supposed to be under the trunk lid. And Commercial Chassis do not have trunk lids. I have looked all over mine and other peoples cars.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts