Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried to find this on other threads with not much luck (sorry if its there and I missed it)...

I really want to fix/replace my tan front leather seats in my 95 RMW. The bottom part of the seats are worn and ripped... Since it gets really damn cold up where I live I really wanted to try heated seats. I notice that I have a fuse for heated seats, but I don't have that option. Is is as simple as just finding limited front seats with heaters in them to install, or do those seats require different wiring and such?

I also want to make this as inexpensive as possible (a dream we all have I'm sure:D)... but I want this to come out really nice.

I am open to all ideas/input. This is a future mod, but I wanna get the ball rolling in my mind before I make a plan.

Thanks!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Another option is through the aftermarket, Rostra make seat heaters,power lumbars, cruise control and other's. I've installed a few over the years, very simple and complete kits and not that expensive.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
I've added aftermarket seat heaters to both my wagons. Takes longer getting the seats out then it does putting the heaters in the seats.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Another option is through the aftermarket, Rostra make seat heaters,power lumbars, cruise control and other's. I've installed a few over the years, very simple and complete kits and not that expensive.
There is a shop out this way that is doing them for $359 installed with a pretty fast turn-around time. Ask your local shops, they may even have better deals, I know all of the shops are doing remote start discounts too.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow! That cobra heat seems pretty nice! I have had the seats in and out once before so if thats the hardest part, I'd say this could be fun!

However, this may even be easier for me to replace my bottom seat covers while im down there...Anyone know where I can find replacement leather seat covers to match my pleated tan leather seat?

Also, still wondering if the wiring harnesses are the same if I were to just steal the fleetwood heating element or the entire seat from a limited in a junkyard or something?

·
Registered
11,013 Posts
Wow! That cobra heat seems pretty nice! I have had the seats in and out once before so if thats the hardest part, I'd say this could be fun!

However, this may even be easier for me to replace my bottom seat covers while im down there...Anyone know where I can find replacement leather seat covers to match my pleated tan leather seat?

Also, still wondering if the wiring harnesses are the same if I were to just steal the fleetwood heating element or the entire seat from a limited in a junkyard or something?

IMO you're better off with aftermarket seat heaters. the stock ones aren't the hottest, and when something on it breaks, they're expensive to fix. Mine worked up until I sold the seats, but the controllers went bad. at $135 a piece dal's price, I said forget it. the pads are $75 each too (two per seat)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts