Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stormed pretty hard in my area had to run out and move the car because of flooding. Sooo the problem arose the next day after the storm was over and i tried to drive the car again. It stumbles and misses during idle and once i shift into reverse...all hell breaks loose stubmles harder until it cuts out....im dreading that its the opti again being that it jus got replaced last dec... is there any possible solution beside replacing the opti...im not even sure if thats the problem....thanks in advance...

·
Registered
346 Posts
i was to scared to use the wd40 because I didn't want to damage opti. let me know how it works out for you.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No luck I tried the wd 40 trick and no luck let it sit for three days in this blistering mississippi heat and still no luck I have drove it about a block but then it starts sputtering and stumbling again then rough idle

·
Premium Member
9,190 Posts
i know this is a dumb question but how would i go about testing that
pull the vent harness off put a peice of paper too it. if it falls it aint working.

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
Sounds like the Coil wire.

·
Premium Member
15,727 Posts
pull the vent harness off of the opti and start the engine put a peice [sic] of paper too [sic] it (i.e., the end of the vent harness). if it falls (that is, if the paper isn't sucked to the end of the vent harness) it ain't working.
Some helpful details. The question about how to check it isn't dumb. FYI, the vent harness pulls fresh air through the opti, which is why it was suggested.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Sounds to me like the ignition coil is going bad. Open the hood and have a friend crank the engine. Watch the coil and look to see if you can see any errant sparks going to the cylinder head. If present, replace coil. Mine did that to me a couple of winters ago. Not fun trying to get home in a raging blizzard at 1:00AM.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts