Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.

My name is Darren and i dont have any of the cars pictured on the top of the page, What i do have is an 83 jag xj6 powered by a 94 pontiac firebird drivetrain, its an lt1 with 4l60e transmission, Reason i have joined here is i think i have more in common with these cars versus the camaro forums, ie much heavier etc,
the engine swap was only recently finished and shes a sceamer!
I wont get into the build here, but hopefully you guys are interested and let me continue to post and pick your brains for any problems that arise, and the do arise!!!!!

thanks in advance

Darren

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hello and welcome!
I think there is a few people that don't have a b body, but have swapped the drivetrain into something else. However this the first time I've seen an LT1 swapped into a xj6!
Any pics?

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Don't forget pics of the independent rear suspension.
For B- & D- cars,
  1. a rear tow hitch
  2. Dick Miller Racing Rear Triangulation Braces
  3. and altering the swaybar so it leaves the trailing arms alone
are cheaper than an independent rear suspension.
That does not change the fact that the ISSF would like to get a good luck at your independent rear suspension.

·
Registered
8,353 Posts

3. and altering the swaybar so it leaves the trailing arms alone
Are you referring to the mods using a bar attached to frame and axle tubes? There are a variety (Marauder/Crown Vic Bar, Hellwig Chevelle Bar, Tahoe Bar, .....)

Some references to various:

Or, are you referring to something yet different?

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Think I'm referring to Tahoe - which I know is not that new, as Bill 'Navy Lifer' Harper had been doing this for quite a while.

But regardless, get the swaybar off the trailing arms.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Where best place to post some pics and. Describe the build? Didn’t want to do in the introduction section...
Mine looks nothing like the draguar.. lol
A little more subdued, I call mine the jagular as it’s part jag and part formula,, :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts