Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1994 Chevy Caprice/Impala 9c1 lt1
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! I'm Cody. I bought a 94 caprice 9c1 almost a year ago. I seriously contemplated pulling the engine and trans out of the car and use it as a transplant for my 84 Cuttlass Supreme. Decided against it cause the car is in really good shape over all. I got probablly got the deal of the year when I bought this car. The guy I bought it off of said the car ran great and the previous owners took decent care of it. They unfortunately decided to not keep up with the payments and the car got repossessed. Guy I got it from was going to use it for a project car for him and his son but that didn't work out. So when I bought the car unfortunately the car didn't have keys. After some more looking around someone decided to remove the spark plug wires and the ignition lock cylinder. They also left the hood unbolted and it got picked up in a storm and toss a good distance away and was banged up pretty good. After I brought it home a buddy amd myself tinkered around with it to try to bring It to life but couldn't hear the fuel pump kick on at all nor would the injectors pulse. From there we checked for spark and no go there as well. So I'm going to tackle that headache and try to get the ol girl back on the road. Be a fun little weekend warrior to drive around town. The pics I'm including are the one that we're on the add I found. I'll post up newer pics in a few days. Thanks for letting me join!
Automotive parking light Car Grille Automotive lighting Hood

Automotive parking light Tire Car Wheel Land vehicle
Handwriting Motor vehicle Font Automotive exterior Material property

Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Super Moderator
9,369 Posts
Welcome! Where in TN are you? I'm not too far away, in Huntsville.

With what you describe, I'd first make sure the PCM was actually turning on. I'd definitely buy this cable and get my hands on a laptop so you can use eehack to do proper diagnostics.

·
Registered
1994 Chevy Caprice/Impala 9c1 lt1
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm in cookeville. Thanks for sharing that. I'll prolly order one next week. Still need to get the wires on it first and check a few more things out. The previous owner sadly kept the wheels in the pictures. Got some random wheels and tires on it right now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts