Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My title reads caprice. Every thing else says impala...seats....logo...had it since 2012....it sat for three years in chicago weather...i drive it every day now bout 50 miles a day....love it....oil leak driving me crazy now....all over engine....no other problem....told to clean engine to find where thr

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My title reads caprice. Every thing else says impala...seats....logo...had it since 2012....it sat for three years in chicago weather...i drive it every day now bout 50 miles a day....love it....oil leak driving me crazy now....all over engine....no other problem....told to clean engine to find where its leaking from...want to swap or rebuild engine...what your advice

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
common oil leaks on these engines is intake gasket,valve covers,front timing cover gasket and seals. of course rear main oil seal and possibly oil pan gasket.

·
Registered
385 Posts
^^^ this.
Don't need to start with a swap or rebuild. Clean the engine, rear of intake manifold is a primary suspect, as stated above. Valve cover gaskets are easy to replace, don't stretch the gaskets at all they don't like to recover. Use Fel-Pro gaskets or equivalent. Also the oil filter adapter o-ring can leak.
Clean the engine with brake clean or have some one do it for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts