Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up guys..need a little help getting some stuff together for my Impala. Can anyone recommend a decent head unit. Not looking to go too crazy. I would like to replace the interior speakers with Infinity Capa all the way around. Also looking for a decent amp maybe four channel. I don't want a sub just want a nice crisp interior sound. Also I will need an amp installation kit. Trying to hook it up myself. Hopefully I don't f*** anything up. If anyone can give me pointers I'd appreciate it. Not looking to break the bank. Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Radio Head Unit

I like the Pioneer DEH P47DH or the Pioneer DEH P77DH. They fit the dash opening perfectly, 1.5 DIN and sound great. They are out of production but can be found used..

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Pioneer head units are great, I have one, can't remember the name though, I have infinity 6.5 in doors, 6.9 in rear,have a four channel amp from infinity all kappa and i like the sound, have 2 punch subs and 1 punch amp and very happy

·
Registered
215 Posts
always disconnect the battery before you start lol.best advice that anyone can get, thousands of systems have been lost, because of this one little oops! good luck!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks alot guys do i get 2 way or 3 way speakers 6.5 for the front door ? not going to run a sub do you guys think i will be fine with just the kappas thanks

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
So many options. I have the following:

Double Din Eclipse in the SS.
Double Din Alpine in the Dually.
Double Din Pioneer in the Siverado
Single Din Alpine flip out in my Sierra
Single Din Alpine flip out in the Chrysler
Single din Kenwood in the Elco

I really like the Eclpse in my SS. I am an Alpine fan but I have to admit I am mighty impressed with the Pioneer in my Silverado.

If you want good crisp sound you will be fine with the Capas. I actually have 2 Alpine head units and a JL Audio 4 channel amp I'm getting ready to sell.

I can't believe how much stuff I've accumulated in absentia. LOL..... I'm finding stuff I forgot I had or had purchased. Sigh...

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
god damn Dropped how many cars you got? I am way way behind..
oh and to answer your question if you wanna spend the money then I say Alpine, but pioneer has recently stepped its game up. I am actually looking to replace my alpine flip out in the impala to the same double din dropped put in his 99 Silverado

·
Premium Member
6,358 Posts
I like the Pioneer DEH P47DH or the Pioneer DEH P77DH. They fit the dash opening perfectly, 1.5 DIN and sound great. They are out of production but can be found used..
I would recommend getting a more modern head unit than these.
last year I swapped out my P77DH last year for a new pioneer unit with bluetooth and usb, the sound quality is way better.
this is with the same speakers and 4 channel amp, only the head unit was replaced.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
god damn Dropped how many cars you got? I am way way behind..
oh and to answer your question if you wanna spend the money then I say Alpine, but pioneer has recently stepped its game up. I am actually looking to replace my alpine flip out in the impala to the same double din dropped put in his 99 Silverado
LOL... No kidding brother. I have a small fleet. Actually, I sold the 99 and replaced it with an 02 Silverado. I haven't revised my signature in a quick minute. LOL..

The Pioneer is impressive. It can be updated. Like the Eclipse, it has a built in hard drive that records the CDs. The playback and sound quality is impressive. Better than the ipod quality.

Like I said very impressed with the Pioneer head unit.

Pogo is right. Some of the newer units have nicer better features.

·
Registered
934 Posts
i have had tons of stereos and indashes and i allways go back to the best one i ever used the sony xplod u can buy at best buy for 70 love it cause can mess with mids low and high and subs and go with a crunch amp best place to buy amps very cheap and free shipping is http://www.sonicelectronix.com/

·
Registered
561 Posts
i have had tons of stereos and indashes and i allways go back to the best one i ever used the sony xplod u can buy at best buy for 70 love it cause can mess with mids low and high and subs and go with a crunch amp best place to buy amps very cheap and free shipping is http://www.sonicelectronix.com/
I am a total newb when it comes to car audio. I know NOTHING.
I see that my wife's Mitsu Outlander has a separate infinity amp under the driver seat and the sound is so much better than in my wagon so I installed the The Sony Xplod CDX-GT540UI unit in my Roadmaster wagon and was hoping to get better sound out of it. Overall the sound quality is pretty much the same but now realize I probably need better speakers and an amp.
Can you recommend speakers that can fit in the front doors and side rear enclosures as well as an amp? I am willing to buy a used amp if necessary to keep the cost down (but ok with buying new speakers).

I would like to be able to utilize the factory wiring (if that is possible). Here's some features of the Sony Xplod i have. I am ok with wiring skills but prefer not to reroute new wires to the doors and rear speakers unless this is absolutely necessary.

MP3/WMA/AAC Playback with DM+ Enhancement Technology

Passenger Control with iPod Display Function

EQ3 Stage 2, DSO and 52 Watts x 4 High Power (208 Watts Total Power)
USB 1-Wire for iPod, iPhone, and Other USB Digital Music Players

Ready for Satellite and HD Radio

Front, Rear/Sub Pre-Amp Output with Selectable LPF/HPF
A built-in LPF (Low Pass Filter) and HPF (High Pass Filter) work to deliver overall better sound, and the LPF features a phase shift function that reduces low-end reverberation.
Front Auxiliary Input

1 - 11 of 11 Posts