Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys my car is leaning and i am at a loss as to why! Is it possible for the car to be 1/2 an inch lower on the right side because of a bad shock! Any help would be greatly appreciate

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Go back through the archives and search for the same problem discussed. Apparently, it is a common occurance on the SS.
I don't recall if anyone decided what the cause was or if shocks were the underlying factor.
I would think it was possibly from springs rather than shocks, but that is just a guess.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanx hotwheelss you reminded me I have already gone from eibachs to hotchkis I was leanining before and I'm still leaning both sets of springs !

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It probabyl has to do with the battery and AC system all being on the passenger side of the car. I wouldn't worry about it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No offense Mike, but what do you say we lean your car 1/2 an inch to the right and see if you dont worry about it! It looks like crap and the tire rubs. Anyone have any ideas before I spend money on something that might not fix it! searched the archives got a few ideas but no one is real clear as if it could be a shock!! Anyone_______

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't think it is a shock problem. I had the same problem, and my cure was to put a 9C1 spring in the rear passenger side, and now it sets level. If you have lowered springs try leaving the stock spring in the right rear. Just a suggestion.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey ozzy,
my 94 9C1 has the same problem. and i wouldn't suggest installing a rear 9C1 spring in the pass side rear, it will make your car sit MUCH higher and increase the wheel well gap. just my .02 cents. i know, i've still got the 9C1 springs in the back now.

brandon

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have been lurking for a few months and decided to go ahead and start contributing my .02. This forum and all of the active contributors have provided me with a wealth of valuable information. Thank you!! I have not put my sig together yet, but have performed a number of bolt on mods that I will share later.

As for the leaning – I had this problem myself. In my case I am using HA bars front and rear (Metco extended on rear). The front HA bar has adjustment with the tie-rod ends and it turns out that I did not have them set neutral. You would typically only want preload when racing on a circle track. I re-adjusted the tie-rod ends and all is well.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ozzy,
My 9C1 leans like you're talking about, but it's the drivers side that is low. I got all new shocks and rear 9C1 springs put on but it still leans. I have a set of new 9C1 front springs I'm waiting to get put in. If four new springs and four new shocks doesn't fix the lean I'm giving up. I don't want to think that I may have a bent frame or something expensive like that.

Adam

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.